Recruiting Football Talk VIII

The only analysis that I've seen to defend that has been that their coach is a great defensive mind, and our secondary is new/questionable. Nico is in only his third start, so they may be able to shake him. If anyone can figure out how to shut UT down, it's him...

Not sure I agree. I don't know that he's scheme-elite enough to overcome the talent differences and pressures that Heupel's offense put on someone.
If we lose, I'm positive it won't be because of the offense.

I have tickets to the Oklahoma game.

Should I drive or fly?

To drive my car it would cost less than $200 but to fly it will cost $2200 for me and my wife. (At least that was the cheapest we saw) How are plane tickets that crazy expensive? To drive it would be about 26 hours of drive time so the flight would obviously be nice on time savings but I just can’t see spending that kind of money on that?

Someone help me, lol?

Oddsmaker on the radio picked NC St OUTRIGHT, not just to cover. He was 9/10 week one, but even with my BVS I can't see us outright losing. Maybe we don't cover in a worst case scenario, but I was floored when I heard that.
Who was the oddsmaker and what were his arguments? How did he do picking the scores for NCST or UT week 1?

I have tickets to the Oklahoma game.

Should I drive or fly?

To drive my car it would cost less than $200 but to fly it will cost $2200 for me and my wife. (At least that was the cheapest we saw) How are plane tickets that crazy expensive? To drive it would be about 26 hours of drive time so the flight would obviously be nice on time savings but I just can’t see spending that kind of money on that?

Someone help me, lol?
Screw that, fly. Gas and four more nights of hotel stays will rack up too.

Try another city like Dallas… Nashville to Dallas on Spirit Airlines $117… you may have to fuel the plane and sober the pilot up but you should make it.

Last edited:
I mean, Nico had no problem with Iowa's vaunted defense. And that was 8 months and a lot of practices ago. Granted, he didn't torch them through the air but he didn't need to. We may see a similar game tomorrow with Nico connecting on some early deep shots and then the running game taking over.
Add Bru and Thornton to that Iowa gameplan and it would have been remembered differently imo.

VN Store

Back