Recruiting Football Talk VIII

giphy.gif
And that prolly accounts for most activity in UGA frat houses. Put the younger Dawg fans in collars, walk them, beat them, make them eat dog food, then...

Last edited:
National NFL draft analyst points out Tennessee Vols junior as a potential NFL draft prospect to watch against NC State
In his two college starts (last year’s bowl game and the 2024 opener), Sampson has rushed for 257 yards on 32 carries (8.0 yards per attempt) and three touchdowns. His predecessor in the Vols’ backfield, Jaylen Wright, was known for his speed — but Sampson is actually faster, according to his high school track times (10.62-second 100 meters). Although sophomore quarterback Nico Iamaleava (who isn’t yet draft-eligible) is the star of the Tennessee offense, Sampson could be a draft riser.

The only analysis that I've seen to defend that has been that their coach is a great defensive mind, and our secondary is new/questionable. Nico is in only his third start, so they may be able to shake him. If anyone can figure out how to shut UT down, it's him...

Not sure I agree. I don't know that he's scheme-elite enough to overcome the talent differences and pressures that Heupel's offense put on someone.
So based on that analysis (not you), why wasn't their coach able to shut down mighty Western Carolina? That doesn't hold water... I do agree our secondary once again (every year for some reason) is questionable... guess it will be every year... I do think they will try to bring a lot of pressure early to try and rattle him, but he did some serious damage to one of the supposedly best defenses in the country last season in the bowl game...

Why do folks love McCall after playing in some lower level nothing conference and doing pretty well, but looking lackluster in his one game at a higher level although still meaty okra conference against a team on par with his old conference? I think he has talent, but all these videos gush over him like he is the next big thing and all he has done is not much. Nico has done as much or more in my eyes in his two starts than McCall and the one guy in this video thinks the NC State DC is gonna be able to confuse him with coverages? The DC won't have time to get his fools lined up in a disguisable coverage before Nico drops another dime behind their secondary and trots to the end zone toe celebrate another TD with Bru/Squirrel/Donte/Brazzell/Etc....

I have tickets to the Oklahoma game.

Should I drive or fly?

To drive my car it would cost less than $200 but to fly it will cost $2200 for me and my wife. (At least that was the cheapest we saw) How are plane tickets that crazy expensive? To drive it would be about 26 hours of drive time so the flight would obviously be nice on time savings but I just can’t see spending that kind of money on that?

Someone help me, lol?
Just leave a couple days early and drive. You can stay all night in memphis. . .

Or, maybe rent a car, drive in and then fly home. Might be a good option to save a few dollars.

Reactions: Glitch
Brutal is that I was a Flowers TD from a nice win on a big bet and Lamar whiffed on the wide open throw
That was a TERRIBLE throw. Should have been game tied right then and there. Flowers face right after the ball sailed behind him was a genuine “are you ****ing kidding me?” look mixed with a “I can’t help but laugh at how bad that was” look.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Who was the oddsmaker and what were his arguments? How did he do picking the scores for NCST or UT week 1?
Lee Sterling. Same old story about Tennessee having the worst secondary in the SEC. Something tells me he didn't research the fact that literally nobody from last year is there, so it's not really possible to say they're the worst yet.

He did say McCall looked like the Coastal McCall in the 4th quarter, and if that McCall shows up, they'll beat Tennessee.

Lee Sterling. Same old story about Tennessee having the worst secondary in the SEC. Something tells me he didn't research the fact that literally nobody from last year is there, so it's not really possible to say they're the worst yet.

He did say McCall looked like the Coastal McCall in the 4th quarter, and if that McCall shows up, they'll beat Tennessee.
And if the same Nico shows up, that Nico will beat NC St.

That's lazy analysis.

Week 1 is an obvious crapshoot. But to say that a guy playing well in the 4th Q against an awful team and him carrying that over against a team who took their QB out after the 1st half when he broke the record for passing yards in a half...

NC State's defense has ranked among the best in the ACC in recent seasons, but coordinator Tony Gibson returned just three starters and had to replace All-American linebacker Payton Wilson. Behind Iamaleava and a loaded group of skill players that includes running back Dylan Sampson and receivers Bru McCoy, Chris Brazzell II, Dont'e Thornton, and Squirrel White, a rebuilt Wolfpack defense simply has too much firepower to contain.

Tennessee vs. NC State: Expect a High-Scoring Matchup in Charlotte

Reactions: StoVol

VN Store

Back