Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Big tackle from Boo to save that likely touchdown by Concepcion in the 2nd quarter.

Boo will learn from that mistake. He’s a baller for sure.

When is the last time you saw a Tennessee defense with that many balls batted down or players leaping to block the QBs view? I don’t know what Boo vertical is but dude got up there during a play in the 2nd qtr.

September 8, 1960
Wilma Rudolph was once told she would never be able to walk again... but she proved everyone wrong.

Rudolph's childhood wasn't easy.

Born prematurely on 23 June 1940 near Clarksville, Tennessee, she was the 20th child of 22 and fought pneumonia, scarlet fever and polio in her youth, with the later temporarily paralysing her left leg and requiring her wear a brace.

Seeking medical treatment, Rudolph's mother drove to Nashville - a 100 mile (160.9km) round-trip - every week, for two years. Back at home, family members would often take turns massaging her leg multiple times a day.

Rudolph made slow progress, but stunned her doctors as she started to walk unassisted by the time she was 12.

Following in her older sisters footsteps, Rudolph decided to join the junior high school basketball team.

At the start, she didn't play a single game and sat on the bench. But Rudolph wasn't deterred, and after three years of training became a starting guard for her high school. She excelled in the role, and eventually led her team to a state championship. It was during her basketball ventures that she caught the eye of Ed Temple - considered a women's track and field pioneer - who was coaching the track team at Tennessee State University.

After being invited to attend a summer camp by Temple, Rudolph undertook a year of rigorous training and managed to qualify for the US Olympic Track and Field Team for the Melbourne Olympic Games in 1956.
She was the youngest member of the United States team at just 16, but came away with a bronze medal in the 4x100m relay.

However, it was four years later, at Rome 1960, where Rudolph etched her name into the history books. The Games themselves were the first to be televised, but nobody could have predicted what they were about to witness. In the space of eight days Rudolph would run nine races.

In the 100m semi-final, Rudolph tied the world record by clocking 11.3 seconds, before going on to win gold in the final with a time of 11.0 seconds (an illegal tailwind prevent this from becoming a world-record run).

Three days later, the 20-year-old claimed another gold medal - and an official world record - in the 200m.

But her most important race came on 8 September, 1960, in the 4x100m relay.

The team broke a world record in the semi-final and hopes were high that Team USA - consisting of Barbara Jones, Lucinda Williams, Martha Hudson and Rudolph - would win gold despite the blistering heat in Rome (43°C).

Rudolph nearly dropped the baton, but determined to win the race - to pay tribute to her inspiration Jesse Owens - she overtook the United Team of Germany to win in a close finish.

In doing so, Rudolph made history as she became the first American woman to win three track and field gold medals at a single Games.
View attachment 674763

Going to college in Clarksville and getting the privilege to coach at Tennessee St, I have heard more amazing stories about this amazing woman. I wish I could have met her,
Thank you for this, someone cutting onions in here 🙏🏻

So what’s up with Pearce? He’s been a little more MIA than I figured he’d be so far. Playing cautious because of the draft? Just drawing so much attention from the OL? Or is CJH limiting reps until we need him for SEC play?
Rest of DL stepped up to the point where he doesn’t stand out as much, which is REALLY REALLY good

So what’s up with Pearce? He’s been a little more MIA than I figured he’d be so far. Playing cautious because of the draft? Just drawing so much attention from the OL? Or is CJH limiting reps until we need him for SEC play?

Double teamed and quick throws. He got a cheap shot from the running back while being locked up with a lineman and still got to Mcall albeit he ended up falling down and got rolled up on. I believe he was limited after that.

IMG_8712.png
he was doubled
ran hot routes & screens
and tried to run the ball

didnt work.

It's a shame there are no objective numbers people can look at to understand the run/pass ratio.

I think we see more of the Hendon offense going forward with how well Nico has ran the ball. I’m not saying he’s Hendo but he’s got the mobility.

lol wow that is a bad week. None of those even close.

To be fair I also picked UK to win at -7. But I don’t claim to be an oddsmaker
Same. I intentionally avoided picking app state too. I went 13/21 this week, 9/14 last week. I feel like people should ask me to join their radio show instead of these other guys.

Reactions: MarcoVol

VN Store

Back