Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Eric Cain last night in his "Postcast"...said we had a "pedestrian" offensive game...he graded it a C+.

Let's think about that, I get most of us armchair stiffs not recognizing what really happened, but he should know better...we stuffed 450 yards, and 44 points consisting of 5tds and 3 FGs down their throats.

In what world are those numbers "pedestrian"?...maybe against a scrub team? Because if you were paying attention, you would have seen that NCST did NOT play defense like a scrub...they were fundamentally sound, they played good coverage, they played disciplined in executing their obvious gameplan...and they tackled extremely well...and YET...we stuffed 44 and 460ish down their throats and if not for a absolute garbage illegal man downfield call that is 500+ and 51 offensive points on that sound defense.

I get that not much "spectacular" happened, but considering we were in 12 personnel for most of the game..not much spectacular was going to happen.

It's like people are blinded to reality or something...I am going to keep saying this...this offense really messes with our perceptions...but people that claim to he professional analysts should not.

Considering we brutally executed the offense that we were in at a relatively high level against a good fundamentally sound defense...I would give our offense a B+. If not for the Ints and a couple of blown blocks it would be an A+.

Eric Cain last night in his "Postcast"...said we had a "pedestrian" offensive game...he graded it a C+.

Let's think about that, I get most of us armchair stiffs not recognizing what really happened, but he should know better...we stuffed 450 yards, and 44 points consisting of 5tds and 3 FGs down their throats.

In what world are those numbers "pedestrian"?...maybe against a scrub team? Because if you were paying attention, you would have seen that NCST did NOT play defense like a scrub...they were fundamentally sound, they played good coverage, they played disciplined in executing their obvious gameplan...and they tackled extremely well...and YET...we stuffed 44 and 460ish down their throats and if not for a absolute garbage illegal man downfield call that is 500+ and 51 offensive points on that sound defense.

I get that not much "spectacular" happened, but considering we were in 12 personnel for most of the game..not much spectacular was going to happen.

It's like people are blinded to reality or something...I am going to keep saying this...this offense really messes with our perceptions...but people that claim to he professional analysts should not.

Considering we brutally executed the offense that we were in at a relatively high level against a good fundamentally sound defense...I would give our offense a B+. If not for the Ints and a couple of blown blocks it would be an A+.

They equate offense to Nico passing yards. Like running the ball down the other team’s throat doesn’t count lol

I don't take that as an insult. I think he's just saying it could have been even better. I think coach H and Nico would agree as they pretty much said that post game. In addition, I don't think we've shown a lot of more complicated plays to this point. Still a lot of ammo in the range bag.

My philosophy: I am not going to drop a team far unless they've shown red flags, and I am not going to majorly bump a team unless they have a really impressive win. Bama, for example, showed major red flags yesterday in a game they should've cruised, but they course-corrected. Oregon has major red flags in two games, and barely squeaked (squoked?) by. Vols, Georgia, Texas, and Miami have impressive wins.

Ole Miss, Ohio State, and Mizzou haven't shown red flags against cupcakes, so they get to stay for now.

Utah is a question mark though. They jumped on Baylor early then were kind of meh, and Cam Rising got hurt.
Drop from what? Preseason guesses? That's the danger of preseason rankings, they're not based on this season performance, but people are reluctant to change the preseason guesses even when this season performance doesn't support it.

Miami has shown more this season than ole miss.l and Ohio state. You shouldn't drop ole miss or Ohio state, but I do think they should drop because Miami passes them and we pass them. I prefer to base it on this season more than last season. Don't ignore last season, but preseason guesses should hold much less weight than performance and resume this season. That approach will balance out as good teams play other good teams as the season goes on, but keeping someone high despite someone else having a better resume so far is a bad precedent.

I don't take that as an insult. I think he's just saying it could have been even better. I think coach H and Nico would agree as they pretty much said that post game. In addition, I don't think we've shown a lot of more complicated plays to this point. Still a lot of ammo in the range bag.
It’s a C+ on the Heupel curve, and a borderline A- on the everybody else curve.

NIU was criminally underrated. They have multiple conference championships and an Orange Bowl appearance. Notre Dame should definitely drop a spot or two but I don’t think the media should overreact.
Are you catholic or smoking? That Orange bowl was 11 years ago. NIU is 26-33 in the last 5 seasons lmao.

Notre Dame should drop out of the Top 20

VN Store

Back