Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard a media person say this last week and at first I didn’t buy it but I’m starting to think he’s right

He said if ga state/BYU didn’t happen we wouldn’t have beaten the SEC teams we did. His thought was it was those awful losses that got this teams attention and allowed them to grow. I think I agree
I absolutely agree with this. I’ve been wanting to say this, but I didn’t want some random FF pleb or @Catbone trying to be snarky about it.

I wanted to play Memphis until Penny showed his ass.

I agree. I really enjoyed that rivalry when Bruce and Calipari were going at it, and I was excited to see the series renewed. I was even hoping for Memphis to have some success so the rivalry could regain its old juice. Then Penny pulled that mess last year. Now I hope he becomes a complete pariah in the coaching business. Screw that guy.

In my downtime I'm a swing trader - equities, crypto, precious metals, commodities. Technical analysis and trading strategies are very much applicable to sports betting markets. I'm riding out this SPX wild bullrun, but I've been hedging with precious metals and crypto as the market keeps making higher highs. I don't mind missing out on delta to ensure that I'm not overexposed and there's upside potential for the inevitable market correction.
That’s sweet man.

I’m getting a free turkey for Thanksgiving from my supermarket because I’ve spent over $250 the last month so I guess we all have our investment talents

I agree. I really enjoyed that rivalry when Bruce and Calipari were going at it, and I was excited to see the series renewed. I was even hoping for Memphis to have some success so the rivalry could regain its old juice. Then Penny pulled that mess last year. Now I hope he becomes a complete pariah in the coaching business. Screw that guy.

Gary Parrish said today that Rick and Penny flat out don’t like each other. They were both watching Kennedy Chandler at some point this year at Briarcrest, and they never said a word to each other. He said most coaches at least acknowledge each other and even talk. But it was obvious they didn’t care to talk.

Reactions: Smokeytom
Sounded like he got sideways with a big booster in Chatt, too.
Hadn't heard that. Wouldn't surprise me though. He was really pizzed that he didn't get the job. Don't think he handled it well and it cost him his job at UTC. Last I heard he was working for a sports agent firm out of Chattanooga headed up by a former Powell high panther.

Reactions: VolGee4
Gary Parrish said today that Rick and Penny flat out don’t like each other. They were both watching Kennedy Chandler at some point this year at Briarcrest, and they never said a word to each other. He said most coaches at least acknowledge each other and even talk. But it was obvious they didn’t care to talk.

Why the hell would Rick Barnes acknowledge that ass after Pennys comments last year. I wouldnt

Luke only went 100% with the light side once it was revealed Darth Vader was his father and tried to kill him. Maybe he is saying Pruitt must go through a similar trial and tribulation to reach what it takes to destroy Alabama. There's no greater motivator than denial from your own family.
Exactly what I was trying to say

Why the hell would Rick Barnes acknowledge that ass after Pennys comments last year. I wouldnt

Not just the comments.this mans time frame of when the comments were made is what makes it look even worse.Penny sounded like a jealous ex girlfriend.he had something negative to say at every turn,MONTHS after the fact of what started it all.Penny is childish.

Last edited:
Reactions: hooter vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back