Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned this in the player thread but doesn’t the walk ons we gave scholarships to today affect our 25 number in this class ??

Kenny Solomon was put on scholarship today along with Pak Garland (Kurotts younger brother obv) and Isaiah Montgomery

I thought Solomon was already a scholarship guy - 2019 signee. If he wasn’t- what does that mean for our numbers? We got another spot in this years class?

Also, major props to Pak and Montgomery. I haven’t seen Pak getting snaps but I have noticed IM in a few games.

Edit: congrats to you and your son, @Takegame33!!!

Last edited:
Kenny Solomon was put on scholarship today along with Pak Garland (Kurotts younger brother obv) and Isaiah Montgomery

I thought Solomon was already a scholarship guy - 2019 signee. If he wasn’t- what does that mean for our numbers? We got another spot in this years class?

Also, major props to Pak and Montgomery. I haven’t seen Pak getting snaps but I have noticed IM in a few games.
IM has some skill from what I’ve seen

In my downtime I'm a swing trader - equities, crypto, precious metals, commodities. Technical analysis and trading strategies are very much applicable to sports betting markets. I'm riding out this SPX wild bullrun, but I've been hedging with precious metals and crypto as the market keeps making higher highs. I don't mind missing out on delta to ensure that I'm not overexposed and there's upside potential for the inevitable market correction.

You mean there’s more to trading than using infinite leverage on Robinhood to YOLO some SPY puts?!?

I’m either going to be a millionaire or have to move to Mexico

Reactions: GoVolsDR
Every fan base has their problems. My parents use to tailgate with a skeleton in the back of their truck. One Vanderbilt game, he was stolen.

Yes, even our team has its problem fans. But VT is now my favorite fan base. I apologize ahead of time for this long story, but it's worth the read.

My son-in-law took his 10 year-old son to the VT vs GT game this weekend. The son had been proudly waving his GT flag, but after VT score their 2nd TD, the son got upset, threw his GT flag down and stomped on it (knowing him, not surprising). A VT fan was sitting a couple of rows behind them, saw it, came down and sat beside him, and talked to him.

He said, I know you're upset that your team isn't doing well. But you should be excited you get to come to the game with your dad. When I was your age I would've loved to go to a game with my dad, but I never got to. You're a lucky boy, so enjoy being here. And be proud to root for your team regardless of how they're playing; that's what fans do. Then he went back to his seat. He sat there silently, wheels spinning. Then he picked up his flag and waved it proudly the rest of the game. The VT fan turned what could've been a miserable trip into a very rewarding one. As dad was telling the story he had to hold back tears. There's more to the story, but I'll save it for later.

Are some college coaches a pain in the ass to deal with regarding that?

No not really bc it’s good for both parties. Recruits and players see scouts at practice and i think it’s a good look for recruits and it may motivate some players to practice harder. The Scouts are getting up close access and getting to watch players in practice to evaluate their more, drive, personality etc.

No not really bc it’s good for both parties. Recruits and players see scouts at practice and i think it’s a good look for recruits and it may motivate some players to practice harder. The Scouts are getting up close access and getting to watch players in practice to evaluate their more, drive, personality etc.

I had a family member that was a draft in baseball and I know one, perhaps the most well known, baseball coach is a real pain in the ass for scouts

Reactions: HankHill
I find that very hard to believe. I don't think the NFL talks to any college players while they're still in school. That's what agents are for and the last time I checked, that's not legal under NCAA rules.

No clue. But this is what each scouting site and the NFL guide all say.

Scouts and NFL coaches do not get a chance to meet face to face with players until the all-star bowl games, Indianapolis scouting combine and spring school workouts following their senior season.

Life on the Road as an NFL Scout - Chris Landry Football

Reactions: Batman1948
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back