Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m all for it 😂

Phil on the sidelines:

giphy.gif

Quick question: anybody have experience using trex lumber for a deck? If so, pros and cons? (Other than the price)
Following this because I’m considering it myself
We have trex covering the actual lumber and have lived in our house for two years now. So far it's been really nice. The only thing I would caution is to either drill a drainage hole in any low spots on the deck or leave cracks between the planks, because water will sit there until it gets swept off.

Quick question: anybody have experience using trex lumber for a deck? If so, pros and cons? (Other than the price)

This got me thinking about us getting quotes for new windows. Yikes. But anyone have bad experiences with a certain type? We don’t want wood, but there are options from cheap to expensive.

Off topic....was rewatching The Wolf of Wall Street with my wife last night. The scene comes on where DiCaprio gets a page from his wife to come home and then Margot Robbie walks out naked.

The wife looks at me and says "would you leave and come home to me?"

First, I feel like my wife wasn't playing fair with that question. Second, I answered "but I have a beautiful wife so I never would have been in that situation."

I think I handled that pretty damn well.
Lie and deny...foundation of every happy marriage. 😎

South Pittsburg. Peyton Manning and Andy Roddick bought the course last year
Cool, man. If you’re into historical sites like me Russell Cave is nearby in Alabama and you’ve got the Battles for Chattanooga museum. High Point restaurant in Monteagle, Tn is actually a home that was owned by Al Capone. Nickajack Cave is pretty cool. Johnny Cash attempted a suicide there but encountered God in the cave and made it back out. Hope this helps, buddy.

Expensive but worth it when it's time to stain/paint real wood. I have no interest in that. Cleans up very well with a pressure washer. Looks brand new. Only con I've found is that it will get hot under the sun, but every spring when the pollen and bird crap pile up, I think about having to stain and I don't mind wearing some sandals when I head out to my deck. Worth every damned dime I dropped on it.

Lie and deny...foundation of every happy marriage. 😎

And men who've been married for any length of time learn to keep that poker face when a smokin' hot young gal hits the screen or you pass 'em on the street. Let the mind race if you want, but never let your face give away your thoughts.

And men who've been married for any length of time learn to keep that poker face when a smokin' hot young gal hits the screen or you pass 'em on the street. Let the mind race if you want, but never let your face give away your thoughts.
Peripheral vision and fixed stare in the opposite direction for the win. It doesn’t fool them, of course...they’re way smarter than us. But they appreciate the effort.

Used Lowe's generic brand composite on my deck flooring and top railing with good success. No fading, stains, cracks or other issues so far. A neighbor did the same thing on their deck a couple of years before us and have the same experience so far. Sure beats replacing boards and staining. Was able to match the color with the best Behr brand stain on the framing. Looks really good.

Same recommendation as barry on what to do with installation. Tell them to leave a small spacing between boards for drainage or have drain holes drilled in because you will get puddling unless there is a slope to drain rainwater. Not a real big deal, but something to consider.

We have trex covering the actual lumber and have lived in our house for two years now. So far it's been really nice. The only thing I would caution is to either drill a drainage hole in any low spots on the deck or leave cracks between the planks, because water will sit there until it gets swept off.
So I would slope the deck and use the fasteners that create a uniform gap between the pieces. Hopefully that would help.

Peripheral vision and fixed stare in the opposite direction for the win. It doesn’t fool them, of course...they’re way smarter than us. But they appreciate the effort.
😊 Butchna is the smart one! It's the fact that you don't care enough to control yourself that makes us so mad. Because we control ourselves we expect the same.

Used Lowe's generic brand composite on my deck flooring and top railing with good success. No fading, stains, cracks or other issues so far. A neighbor did the same thing on their deck a couple of years before us and have the same experience so far. Sure beats replacing boards and staining. Was able to match the color with the best Behr brand stain on the framing. Looks really good.

Same recommendation as barry on what to do with installation. Tell them to leave a small spacing between boards for drainage or have drain holes drilled in because you will get puddling unless there is a slope to drain rainwater. Not a real big deal, but something to consider.
Going to do it myself. Watched a bunch of videos so far. Plan on using the trex fasteners which set the spacing. And of course slope away from the house. Thanks for the reply (and @barrythesnout as well )

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back