Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple weeks ago was talking kitchen cabinets and that we were about to paint ours... And someone requested before/after pics.... Here they are... Dark stain before... White/Gray after... We're very pleased with ourselves...!😁

Attachments

• FFB5A869-D4CC-48B8-9E80-69D78883F175.jpeg
    FFB5A869-D4CC-48B8-9E80-69D78883F175.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 210
  • 403BC736-DF5B-4281-BD03-8FA69471704B.jpeg
    403BC736-DF5B-4281-BD03-8FA69471704B.jpeg
    267.3 KB · Views: 202
A couple weeks ago was talking kitchen cabinets and that we were about to paint ours... And someone requested before/after pics.... Here they are... Dark stain before... White/Gray after... We're very pleased with ourselves...!😁
Looks great! I will say that is one busy refrigerator, though.

Intriquing that they're snobbish about shrimp over crawfish but include andouille and NOLA seasonings. Just seems if they wanted to be different and have their own boil they'd substitute those things as well. I mean heck cajuns also do shrimp boils when crawfish aren't in season.

In the lowcountry the style comes from the Gullahs. So, which group was the first to develop it - Gullahs or Cajuns or both? Gullahs start with rice and work forward from there with whatever they have access to using. IIRC Cajuns and Creole are somewhat merged on the gulf around NOLA, so the influences would be as well in the cooking.

I had home depot come over and do that in a day...was pricey but that's stuff I just can't do, hate home chaos.

In the lowcountry the style comes from the Gullahs. So, which group was the first to develop it - Gullahs or Cajuns or both? Gullahs start with rice and work forward from there with whatever they have access to using. IIRC Cajuns and Creole are somewhat merged on the gulf around NOLA, so the influences would be as well in the cooking.
Dunno. I love both.. But if you get low country cuisine in Charleston, you can definitely get crawfish... And shrimp lol.

A simple paint job made it look like you have new counters too.

I was the one that requested. Looks great! Did you change back splash too or did cabinet color make it look different? Kudos! Very self satisfying I imagine!

Probably developed independently out of similar necessity and availability of ingredients. (Take what you have, put it in a pot). But andouille is a cajun smoked sausage variant of a french sausage recipe. If it has rice that sounds more like jambalaya and less like just a boil.

Probably developed independently out of similar necessity and availability of ingredients. (Take what you have, put it in a pot). But andouille is a cajun smoked sausage variant of a french sausage recipe. If it has rice that sounds more like jambalaya and less like just a boil.
Or gumbo

Reactions: SoilVol
I was the one that requested. Looks great! Did you change back splash too or did cabinet color make it look different? Kudos! Very self satisfying I imagine!
Painted it.... Glossy finish of the same color as the walls. toyed with the idea of changing it out all together but as @bignewt said.. We were already in about day ten over the house being a construction zone and the more I looked at doing the back splash.. Just too many things that could happen that could really drag it out... So there you go

Painted it.... Glossy finish of the same color as the walls. toyed with the idea of changing it out all together but as @bignewt said.. We were already in about day ten over the house being a construction zone and the more I looked at doing the back splash.. Just too many things that could happen that could really drag it out... So there you go
That's awesome! Didn't realize you could paint tile! What paint brand did you use on the cabinets?

That's awesome! Didn't realize you could paint tile! What paint brand did you use on the cabinets?
Benjamin Moore advanced... Valspar on the tile. It does depend on what material and finish your backsplash is made out of....I did some asking around before we pulled the trigger...

And gotta use a really good bonding primer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back