Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's awesome! Didn't realize you could paint tile! What paint brand did you use on the cabinets?
Word to the wise... The paint is high quality, which is what you want, but it takes a while for it to set up and harden completely... Up to a month depending on climate/humidity etc... So don't freak out if you experience some minor chipping when your putting things back together... Like I almost did lol.

Reactions: scienceteaching_vol
Off topic....was rewatching The Wolf of Wall Street with my wife last night. The scene comes on where DiCaprio gets a page from his wife to come home and then Margot Robbie walks out naked.

The wife looks at me and says "would you leave and come home to me?"

First, I feel like my wife wasn't playing fair with that question. Second, I answered "but I have a beautiful wife so I never would have been in that situation."

I think I handled that pretty damn well.

Probably developed independently out of similar necessity and availability of ingredients. (Take what you have, put it in a pot). But andouille is a cajun smoked sausage variant of a french sausage recipe. If it has rice that sounds more like jambalaya and less like just a boil.

If I were to make a bet on this, I would say it's a West African style of cooking adapted by slaves to stretch what meager calories they were likely getting by adding rice. The commonality about the Carolina low country and Louisiana is that rice was grown on slave plantations in both places. The link between the style going from "slave food" to "regional cuisine" were probably poor whites, who were also probably stretching calories as much as they could in England the same way before getting punted to the Georgia penal colony. Once those folks could afford to upgrade the flavor through more expensive spices and proteins, they did.

It's basically what happened to crawfish in Louisiana. The only people who were likely trying to eat crawfish for calories were slaves and poor whites who were eating anything they could get their hands on, but over time that shifted from desperation to delicacy when the quality of life improved, and when descendants of those slaves and poor whites joined the middle class and took their food with them.

Off topic....was rewatching The Wolf of Wall Street with my wife last night. The scene comes on where DiCaprio gets a page from his wife to come home and then Margot Robbie walks out naked.

The wife looks at me and says "would you leave and come home to me?"

First, I feel like my wife wasn't playing fair with that question. Second, I answered "but I have a beautiful wife so I never would have been in that situation."

I think I handled that pretty damn well.
Nah, she's thinking you don't look like DiCaprio so really doesn't have anything to worry about.

A couple weeks ago was talking kitchen cabinets and that we were about to paint ours... And someone requested before/after pics.... Here they are... Dark stain before... White/Gray after... We're very pleased with ourselves...!😁
They turned out great man. Got to be a good feeling being done. I’ve started a project on my outbuilding, between it and working every day I’m thumped. Can’t wait to be done

If I were to make a bet on this, I would say it's a West African style of cooking adapted by slaves to stretch what meager calories they were likely getting by adding rice. The commonality about the Carolina low country and Louisiana is that rice was grown on slave plantations in both places. The link between the style going from "slave food" to "regional cuisine" were probably poor whites, who were also probably stretching calories as much as they could in England the same way before getting punted to the Georgia penal colony. Once those folks could afford to upgrade the flavor through more expensive spices and proteins, they did.

It's basically what happened to crawfish in Louisiana. The only people who were likely trying to eat crawfish for calories were slaves and poor whites who were eating anything they could get their hands on, but over time that shifted from desperation to delicacy when the quality of life improved, and when descendants of those slaves and poor whites joined the middle class and took their food with them.
I'd agree.

Reactions: RiotVol
Nah, she's thinking you don't look like DiCaprio so really doesn't have anything to worry about.
☠️
source.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back