Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine was the Cowboys in the late 70’s. Roger Staubach was a joy to watch.
I was a Steelers fan then, I have just always gravitated towards blue collar teams, even as a young kid, but I always admired and respected Staubach and Dorsett and the rest of the Pokes even though I hated them.

Coaches make mistakes. They are not infallible. It is obvious we cannot compete with the big boy’s with JG. The best runningback in the NFL was second string at UT...
Sure they do. Does not mean that starting JG is a mistake. I am going to go with the guy making millions to win games over my own opinion. I think we should try someone else. But if Coach Pruitt thinks JG gives us the best chance to win, I'm all in. Does that make me a sheep. Maybe, but I doubt it. If I am, at least I'm an orange one.

Speaking of MLB...I haven't followed it since I have lived up here, but I used to go to a few Rays games every year...so it's good to see them in the ALCS again, but I was watching them in game 5 against the Yankers the other night and realized....I don't know one guy on that team...That is why I can't get into MLB anymore..teams like the Rays can't keep stars, and to compete they have to have constant turnover...which means you can never really develop a relationship with teams like you could in the old days..

Money effin ruins every effin thing..

Actually, I commend TB for what they're able to do and how they've embraced their place in the baseball world. They develop their young players as well as any team in the game and make the necessary trade when required (even when it's dictated by their payroll limitations).

If you follow the team, you'd see a truly smart and well run organization regardless of which players suit up.

Not many teams are able to keep their players anymore, but it doesn't stop the team from succeeding.

I was a Steelers fan then, I have just always gravitated towards blue collar teams, even as a young kid, but I always admired and respected Staubach and Dorsett and the rest of the Pokes even though I hated them.
Might be a sell out, I liked the Steelers when Terry was QB. He was the so called “”dual threat” before that became a thing, when it was him being a scrambling QB.

Actually, I commend TB for what they're able to do and how they've embraced their place in the baseball world. They develop their young players as well as any team in the game and make the necessary trade when required (even when it's dictated by their payroll limitations).

If you follow the team, you'd see a truly smart and well run organization regardless of which players suit up.

Not many teams are able to keep their players anymore, but it doesn't stop the team from succeeding.
That's you, not me...I grew up in an era where you grew attached to players because they were the same for years..not just the organization.

It has never been like being a Vol for me...the Vols represent me..my home..and what being Volunteers means. I will always be a Vol no latter what..but I could not care much less about MLB anymore.

I do commend them fir being good at what they do.

Sure they do. Does not mean that starting JG is a mistake. I am going to go with the guy making millions to win games over my own opinion. I think we should try someone else. But if Coach Pruitt thinks JG gives us the best chance to win, I'm all in. Does that make me a sheep. Maybe, but I doubt it. If I am, at least I'm an orange one.
I thought this for a while myself. Then I looked around the SEC. Dan Mullen thought Franks was the guy. He got hurt then Trask came in and we saw what happened. Mullen is a supposed QB whisperer and even he didn’t see it til it was shown on the field. Same thing with Eason replaced by Fromm due to injury. Sometimes you just can’t count on practice players or the incumbent QB. There’s more to it than that. The only way to know for sure is give someone else the opportunity. I hope Jeremy grows as a coach and learns this lesson and gives someone else the chance to lead this offense because otherwise we’re looking at JG under center in 2021 at this rate.

Kinda like the Marlins, in the past. Maybe not as much feast or famine

Speaking of MLB...I haven't followed it since I have lived up here, but I used to go to a few Rays games every year...so it's good to see them in the ALCS again, but I was watching them in game 5 against the Yankers the other night and realized....I don't know one guy on that team...That is why I can't get into MLB anymore..teams like the Rays can't keep stars, and to compete they have to have constant turnover...which means you can never really develop a relationship with teams like you could in the old days..

Money effin ruins every effin thing..
I still call them Devil Rays

I’m not a JG fan at all but this isn’t accurate. JG is on pace to exceed his production from last year. He still isn’t it, but I don’t think there is a qb coach in the country that can elevate the play of JG beyond what he’s doing. Hell the kid has worked with some outstanding qb coaches outside of the program and the mannings yet still only takes micro steps of progression.
Yeah it almost feels like they spent most of their resources trying to develop JG and he’s just not going to get much better.

Reactions: CamSnod1997
That’s what gets me, fans questioning CJP starting JG. He sees the same things we do, plus things we don’t. I’ve always said, I won’t downgrade any player and I’ll keep my opinions on this to myself. Do any of you think Coach Pruitt would bet his salary and reputation on just one player if he didn’t think that was the best way to win?

If you think we're in a tier with Texas A&M and Auburn, then you still need a reality check.

Texas A&M's losses last year were to the #1, #8, #1, #4 and #2 teams in the nation. Tennessee lost to Georgia State and BYU. We also squeaked out close wins against Kentucky, Missouri and Indiana.

Texas A&M also just beat Florida. Come talk to me about this comparison the next time UT beats Florida.

View attachment 313872
Stay down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back