Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are hilarious if they think Pruitt just has to start JG for some loyalty factor. He showed last yr he will bench him real quick. The guy earned the team back last yr and there was no spring and no real training in/fall camp to allow a true competition to occur and for others to challenge. If the OL was worth a damn vs UGA and it’s was JG mistakes get would have been pulled with how bad Pruitt wants to best that team. You can’t win with the piss poor OL play unless you had a Mike Vick back there

People are hilarious if they think Pruitt just has to start JG for some loyalty factor. He showed last yr he will bench him real quick. The guy earned the team back last yr and there was no spring and no real training in/fall camp to allow a true competition to occur and for others to challenge. If the OL was worth a damn vs UGA and it’s was JG mistakes get would have been pulled with how bad Pruitt wants to best that team. You can’t win with the piss poor OL play unless you had a Mike Vick back there
Getting so tired of seeing this take. Yes the OL could’ve played better. But It absolutely amazes me how some people don’t understand how a QB can help out an OL. Hey, if a big blitz comes from one side, don’t plant your feet and stare down your WR to the other side of the field and just eat the hit! Look the blitz in the face, and throw the ball to the new hole left open in the defense! Do that 2 maybe 3 times and they’ll be forced to sit back a little bit! Just watch. Mac Jones will catch UGA blitzing plenty this week. It’s not rocket science. But Kirby knew JG couldn’t do it, so he kept blitzing. Enter 3 turnovers and free points.

Getting so tired of seeing this take. Yes the OL could’ve played better. But It absolutely amazes me how some people don’t understand how a QB can help out an OL. Hey, if a big blitz comes from one side, don’t plant your feet and stare down your WR to the other side of the field and just eat the hit! Look the blitz in the face, and throw the ball to the new hole left open in the defense! Do that 2 maybe 3 times and they’ll be forced to sit back a little bit! Just watch. Mac Jones will catch UGA blitzing plenty this week. It’s not rocket science. But Kirby knew JG couldn’t do it, so he kept blitzing. Enter 3 turnovers and free points.
On blindside hits? Ok.

Reactions: OrangenSC
On blindside hits? Ok.
It’s called awareness and vision. I’m not talking about when our OL got beat 1v1. There were plenty of times when UGA brought extra guys and a good QB recognizes it either presnap or immediately post snap and gets the ball out. Turn on any other game on any Saturday and you’ll see it time and time again.

Know a lot of ppl like Power T Tape on twitter - he does a great job of breaking down plays. He broke down a few 3rd down plays here if you have the stomach for it. RB made mistakes blocking, but dang if Trey wasn't too, which I hate to see most. Anyway, nice breakdowns:

Watching the replay finally. 1st half just ended.

I think the defense acquitted itself fine. Bend don't break. Ht as good. Roman Harrison got involved and I looked how much pressure they put on Bennett.

Special teams wasn't bad.

Palmer was borderline great.

Gray was good.

O line got no push and jg wasn't awful.

Too many penalties.

Biggest takeaway... Our margin of error against a team like that is so small.... Even as well as the first half went... It was still a few plays away from UGA opening things up on us and with all the errors in the second half.. It happened.

Lots to clean up.

Thankfully Snit pulled Riley and Ozzie aside and gave them a quick pep talk thus enabling them to hit home runs so that none of this matters. Without those pep talks, it’s still 1-1
If they don’t win you have more details on how he effed it up. Win and you’re left with sarcasm. Glad you’re happy. 😎

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back