Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just false. We have done it before and we will do it again. If not for historic levels of administrative incompetence, we would’ve been mopping the floor with those Muschamp and McElwain Florida teams. We won 9 straight games over UGA from 89-99. The Bama rivalry is notoriously cyclical.

We will always have the fan support base.
We (currently) have the administrative support. The 6hr radius around Knoxville is stacked with talent and the UT brand stretches far and wide.

Do we need the right coach to have success at a high level? Of course, but so do Bama, UGA, and FL and everyone else.

Get these sort of ridiculous defeatist thoughts out of your head. It’s football. Tyrannical regimes get toppled all the time out on the gridiron. The only thing stopping us is JG.

Made one tweak to your post.

Reactions: Smokeytom
belated comment about your upcoming basic training.....corona should be the least of your concerns. From personal experience back in the day, once I realized I needed to being doing it for love of country while living in greatest country in the world(even today), the yelling and all the other hell became somewhat acceptable. Good Luck to you !
If Bill Nowling, Rudy Klarer, Willis Tucker, and Clyde Fuson can stop playing the sport they love to give their lives defending their country, I can go through 10 weeks of BCT.

Better than a Turkish prison.
Either way, you're likely to see a grown man naked.

84271049.gif

This!!

CFB is cyclical. One can imagine just 5 years into the future when Saban is retired, Smart has been shown a fraud, and Kiffin/Freeze(R.I.P.) succumbs to chronic STD infection overload.

Teams will dip and we will be ready to pounce. Just a matter of time.

fyp.

This is just false. We have done it before and we will do it again. If not for historic levels of administrative incompetence, we would’ve been mopping the floor with those Muschamp and McElwain Florida teams. We won 9 straight games over UGA from 89-99. The Bama rivalry is notoriously cyclical.

We will always have the fan support base.
We (currently) have the administrative support. The 6hr radius around Knoxville is stacked with talent and the UT brand stretches far and wide.

Do we need the right coach to have success at a high level? Of course, but so do Bama, UGA, and FL and everyone else.

Get these sort of ridiculous defeatist thoughts out of your head. It’s football. Tyrannical regimes get toppled all the time out on the gridiron. The only thing stopping us is us.
This is not the 90’s anymore. If you expect to beat Bama, UGA, and UF year in and out then you are setting yourself up to be upset. Deafatist attittude? Lol! I want to win every game and never go into a game thinking we are going to lose. But to expect to beat our main rivals every year is just crazy talk. They have resources, stadium, and $$$ too. When we go on some streaks again, we need to enjoy them and win a championship or two. But those schools will not stay down long when they do have a down turn.

I just saw that Maurer entered the transfer portal.. hmmm..

I mean I asked earlier "what does it say to Shrout and Maurer if you give HB *all* the snaps?" And that's doubly so, if you don't even plan on playing HB but I get the feeling they are planning on playing HB. That said, I have no idea with this coaching staff's love affair with JG.

EDIT: Even it's the fake one... I still don't understand what we're doing giving HB all the snaps while stating JG is the QB unless we're planning on switching to HB and don't want it openly known yet. Otherwise it just kinda messes with Shrout and Maurer (unless they're both injured) to do that.

How much of Saturday was JG's fault? Genuinely asking those who know more about football than me (which is probably quite a few of you). 11/13 in the first half is pretty good. The OL couldn't block at all for him. He really hasn't been bad this year, I feel like.

Reactions: hooter vol
How much of Saturday was JG's fault? Genuinely asking those who know more about football than me (which is probably quite a few of you). 11/13 in the first half is pretty good. The OL couldn't block at all for him. He really hasn't been bad this year, I feel like.
Can't say 100% because we don't know the plays or the adjustments to the plays. But 2/3TOs were all on 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back