Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I searched Brian Maurer on Twitter but DonWolken and some other guy named Brian Maurer who really hates trump are spamming the feed.
I seen the fake tweet about him transferring, but the two screenshots off his IG were odd. Apparently it's just him driving down the strip and he tagged LA for whatever reason.

I seen the fake tweet about him transferring, but the two screenshots off his IG were odd. Apparently it's just him driving down the strip and he tagged LA for whatever reason.
his shoes are orange.

leg tats? My depression era Grandad woulda whupped my ass. Heck, he might even from the grave.

This team is still significantly better than last year. I have to keep telling myself that. There were times last year when we thought South Carolina and Missouri were going to be guaranteed Ls. I remember how terrible it was after Georgia State and BYU.

You can tell this is a different type of squad. We're not College Playoff caliber yet, but we're certainly in that second tier with Florida (imo) and maybe Texas A&M.
OffensiveFatEmu-max-1mb (1).gif

The thing I keep thinking of is Pruitt's supposed defensive acumen. If it's really what it's cracked up to be then that could be our edge. Can he get us a top 15 defense year in and year out? If so we are in every game we play basically. Especially on the years where it cycles up and is top 5. All we would need is one lightning in a bottle year where we have a top 5 QB in conference and a top 10ish defense nationally. That's got the makings of an 11-12 win team.
Lot to prove there. Some were talking up a top 5 caliber defense. Versus 3 'meh' QBs we are so far ranked in the high 20s overall and in the 40s in pass D (out of just 76 eligible teams at that). My hope is we progress mightily again this year at defense but man we have a ways to go to reach elite.

Talent wise, our team is closest to Pruitt's UGA defenses probably and we are playing about like that. Pretty dang solid, a little shaky at times, but not elite. Pruitt needs more talent to "get there" imo.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back