Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. And Freeze would win with top 10 classes. It is a misnomer that you have to have top 2 classes to win at a high level. GA recruits number 1 and can't win a ship. LSU hasn't recruited number 1 and they won it all. Clemson also doesn't recruit top 2 and they have 2 under Dabo.

Elite coaching, top QB play, and top 10 classes can win. That has been proven.

It’s all about the QB, and we have a guru who loves our program just waiting...

This is really shaping up to be a good crop of coaching candidates for Tennessee if they want to make a move. Far better than 2009, 2012 and 2017.

Hugh Freeze - obvious reason to believe he'd want the Tennessee job.
Billy Napier - 25–11 as a head coach, born in East Tennessee, offensive-minded, experience in the SEC and at Clemson.
Jamey Chadwell - 75–51 as a head coach, born and raised in Anderson County, one of the most creative offensive minds in the country.

There are a handful of retread guys likely to be available, like Justin Fuente or Steve Sarkisian.

And there's a VFL alum on staff in line to get a head coaching job soon.

I know you all are enamored with Freeze and I understand it, but my point is, this isn't scraping the bottom of the barrel like in 2009 with Dooley and Troy Calhoun, or 2012 with Larry Fedora and Butch Jones, and especially 2017 with Pruitt, Steele and Tucker.
This is my whole deal, they fire him, all I want is a legitimate coaching search.

Identify your 3 guys (whomever they may be) interview and make the hire. No circus, no shenanigans, just a simple process. I would argue that the deal should be “done” before you fire Pruitt, but that’s to gangster for our administration.

It’s all about the QB, and we have a guru who loves our program just waiting...
I mean, it just makes sense. I wish our boosters cared as much about our program as we do. You have a proven winner who would take the job tomorrow. We all know where this is going with Pruitt. I say again, I hate it because I like him, but he wasn't and isn't ready for this job.

Yeah if we hire freeze then we risk losing a ton of kids, but a lot would want to play for freeze but I get what you’re saying, we could fire Pruitt lose a lot then Freeze comes in finishes with a 2018 type class and team. He goes 5-7 in his first year then we are back here after year 1 of freeze. You’ll see, “freeze is bad” “we have freeze why aren’t we cheating” “I knew he was going to sucks” etc

If it’s true he is willing to wait on UT then wait till next year. Sign this class, and see what happens next year.

Would work best with this one time transfer rule
Freeze isn’t winning less than 6 his first year.

Downright giddy in here today. AD has to weigh what a Coaching change before ESD and during a time of free transfers does to a roster, as well as the economic impact on the Athletic Department. Not as easy as some on here make it out to be. Just hire Freeze and all our issues are magically solved... Nah. Hiring Freeze may or may not be the right thing to do, but it's not the knee jerk quick fix. Meanwhile, God willing, College Football and the SEC will roll on this weekend and the Vols get to compare miserable, whiny fanbases with Auburn. GO VOLS!!!
You are one of the most reasonable posters on here. Keep posting.

So, all of you that are proclaiming you have or will check out, go ahead and do that without announcing it further.

Unless you are a 7 figure donor, I don't want to know.
7 figure donors are rare. However hundreds of thousands of fans and small donors add up. They will be the final nail to the AD, not the 7 figure guys.

We found the career Fulmer hater. The man helped bring us our last national championship. That’s reason enough to cut him some slack. To make it worse, those like you that can’t stand him are the very reason he was run out of town. We got greedy and needy for no reason. Y’all are the very reason we’ve been in a near 15 year tumble.

No
I loved fulmer
But I think his ego won’t let us hire a bigger name then himself

Here’s how it will go down boys and girls.

1. Bailey starts Saturday, looks good and we win out to finish 6-4.

2. We hold onto the key recruits and add Green, Malone, and flip Mims who all sign on early signing day.

3. Saban announces this will be his final year after winning the SEC.

4. Dabo turns Bama down and Pruitt is named head coach in waiting after Bama wins the national title.

5. We hire Freeze while Carolina trots out Bobo and Butch comes off the payroll.

6. Cowboys fire McCarthy and hire Mullen to be reunited with Dak.

7. Division continues to grow at UGA and Orgeron is fired for misconduct.

8. We start the true decade of the Vols.
9. Hell "Freezes" over too?

You guys are forgetting it was blankly clear why Feeze was recruiting so well at ole miss

The ncaa will be looking very closely at him if and when he lands an SEC job.

UT recruits itself. Not saying he would ever be pulling top 3s, but he can win with top 15s. Dooley could even recruit that.

This is a quote from the USCjr TOS mods in their morning update on the coaching search. Their mods said this:

To be clear, these are opinions of someone who's plugged into the college football community. It isn’t necessarily a reflection of what Ray Tanner and Bob Caslen are thinking at this point in the process.

However, one thing that was made abundantly clear on Tuesday morning: Freeze likes the idea of coaching at Tennessee. Love would actually be a stronger way to put it. That's a fact.

The last thing on Freeze - for now - wherever he lands next, especially if it’s in the SEC, Kirby Smart and others are “going to eat him alive” on the recruiting trail.

Back to Napier and Beamer...
That last part is to just make sc fans feel better about not getting him

UT recruits itself. Not saying he would ever be pulling top 3s, but he can win with top 15s. Dooley could even recruit that.
I agree that Freeze would win 7-9 games here with that kind of recruiting.
He’d need recruit higher to win more and it’s not as easy as saying look at his recruiting at ole miss for how good he is. We all knew exactly why his recruiting was so good there

DeerPark saying he's here through next year even if we lose out. Claims there is already 35,000 season tickets sold for next year, and the '21 recruits reaffirming their commits is also a driving factor. I'm about to check out for a few years.

Do these guys post regularly? Looks like LWS stopped. Seems like they only come out during these times.

You guys are forgetting it was blankly clear why Feeze was recruiting so well at ole miss

The ncaa will be looking very closely at him if and when he lands an SEC job.
Who GAS? You ever been to Oxford, not that’s it’s a bad place or anything. But, You’d have to be Saban to to be able to recruit there legitimately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back