Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are forgetting it was blankly clear why Feeze was recruiting so well at ole miss

The ncaa will be looking very closely at him if and when he lands an SEC job.
They won't because Tennessee has receipts on others and Tennessee doesn't have to change its current structure in recruiting. It's more plausible for that kind of talent to come to Tennessee than Ole Miss.

If Freeze was the hire, I think he'd recruit top 15 all day with ease.

He's also likely beating the brains in of Kentucky, Missouri, Vanderbilt, & South Carolina every year while winning those out of conference games as well. So I feel like Freeze at UT with 8+ wins yearly and a dynamic offense, he may start pulling in top 10 classes.

And if he can average 7.8 wins at Ole Miss in the SEC West facing Bama, LSU, Auburn, A&M, & Mississippi State (Mullen lead) then he can win that many or more at UT.

My ONLY concern with him is NCAA related.

Maybe the pumpers are tired of being wrong year after year after year. Buying and selling false hope to each other. Shouting down anyone who questions the process. Yet here we are with the realists right once again and the pumpers in denial. “Corch will turn it around next week next year.” Maybe it’s time to hire the right sort for the job to actually satisfy both parties on gameday.
I am just amazed by the fact that all the people that do nothing but spew negativity classify everyone that doesn't spew negativity as a sunshine pumper. That is probably part of the character flaw that gives them the constant negative attitude in the first place. Talking about this idea that every situation should be dealt with in extremes and that you are either a "realist" like they try to claim (lmao) or sunshine pumper. It's an attitude and personality that extends way beyond football. As a UT fan, you have one of the greatest ambassadors of our university that could do wonders for your perspective on life if you bought into his messages. Name is Inky Johnson. You guys might have heard of him. But I imagine you don't take the time to listen to him because when things are going bad he preaches for people to gain perspective thru those situations and he doesn't constantly b!t@# and moan about difficult situations.

If at the beginning of Pruitt's tenure someone told you he would be 2-8 or 3-7 at the end of season 3 what would you say? Fire or keep another year?
I would add a little context with these all-sec records. 3-7 - wins over Vandy, Mizzou, USCe is basically equivalent to a 6-6 normal season schedule and that is assuming we lost to OU just to be conservative.

So...would you hypothetically pre-fire Pruitt after Y3 going 6-6?

tenor (55).gif

*Outside of this hypothetical realm of of pre-firing Pruitt purely based on W/L, imo all the overarching issues and metrics beyond his W/L record are just as important. The scoring margins in our losses is just crazy, the inability to even be competitive vs the Big 3 is very telling, along with all the other issues that Ron posted earlier.

104.5 Withrow and crew slamming TN coaches right now.
I honestly think Fulmer is intentionally using the media and especially Hubbs to push his true agenda. In public, he’s 100% behind Pruitt, but I think behind the scenes he knows he’s done and won’t get us where we need to be. I think he’s trying make it so toxic that Pruitt decides to leave on his own for a negotiated buyout. Everyone wins with this scenario...Pruitt can go back to Bama, we don’t have to pay 13 million to send him back there, and we get a proven coach (hopefully Freeze).

I honestly think Fulmer is intentionally using the media and especially Hubbs to push his true agenda. In public, he’s 100% behind Pruitt, but I think behind the scenes he knows he’s done and won’t get us where we need to be. I think he’s trying make it so toxic that Pruitt decides to leave on his own for a negotiated buyout. Everyone wins with this scenario...Pruitt can go back to Bama, we don’t have to pay 13 million to send him back there, and we get a proven coach (hopefully Freeze).
I hope so.

If Freeze was the hire, I think he'd recruit top 15 all day with ease.

He's also likely beating the brains in of Kentucky, Missouri, Vanderbilt, & South Carolina every year while winning those out of conference games as well. So I feel like Freeze at UT with 8+ wins yearly and a dynamic offense, he may start pulling in top 10 classes.

And if he can average 7.8 wins at Ole Miss in the SEC West facing Bama, LSU, Auburn, A&M, & Mississippi State (Mullen lead) then he can win that many or more at UT.

My ONLY concern with him is NCAA related.
Top 15 is selling him short. I'd be worried if he wasn't Top 6-8.

Throw out W/L Records.

Year 1: Offense averages 22.8 points per game, Defense gives up 27.9, 6 losses of 25 OR MORE points - Helton, Fair, Kelly all leave
Year 2: Offense averages 24.2 points per game, Defense gives up 21.7, 3 losses of 21 OR MORE points, open season 1-4 with only 1 road game played - Sherrer, Rumph, YAC, Fitz, & Rocker all leave
Year 3: Offense averages 20,7 points per game, Defense gives up 31.5, 3 losses of 21 OR MORE points (so far) - Brumbaugh fired after 4 games

So 12 losses of 3 TDs or more in just 31 games, and a total of 8 coaches have left during that time (so far).

Throw out W/L Records.

Year 1: Offense averages 22.8 points per game, Defense gives up 27.9, 6 losses of 25 OR MORE points - Helton, Fair, Kelly all leave
Year 2: Offense averages 24.2 points per game, Defense gives up 21.7, 3 losses of 21 OR MORE points, open season 1-4 with only 1 road game played - Sherrer, Rumph, YAC, Fitz, & Rocker all leave
Year 3: Offense averages 20,7 points per game, Defense gives up 31.5, 3 losses of 21 OR MORE points (so far) - Brumbaugh fired after 4 games

So 12 losses of 3 TDs or more in just 31 games, and a total of 8 coaches have left during that time (so far).
Those stats show that we are not getting better. If we aren't getting better then what is there to debate? Go get Freeze.

Recruiting is the lifeblood of this program, that's indisputably true, but I'm of the mind that any coach can regularly land Top 15 classes here and for that reason I don't make a part of my calculation for what I want in the next head coach.

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
Throw out W/L Records.

Use SEC stats only. Your stats are apples to oranges without OOC stars this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back