Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
And? Does that mean we want Malzahn if Auburn fires him? Do we want to hire Miles away from Kansas?
All those coaches won a national title or played for one except Freeze so far and he was at the 5th or 6th best program in the West. I would take Malzahn over Pruitt, the game has passed Miles by, but he was light years better than Pruitt.

Not the stronger candidate, but the stronger candidate for TN. Keep those things in mind.

1. I don't think we'll be in a position to hire anyone this year, I think unless something drastic happens (finishing with just 2 wins for example) happens that Pruitt will be returning to start next season.
2. I think Hugh gets hired this season somewhere, we all seem to assume the man is waiting on us when he's not. He's waiting on a good P5 job to call and with how a few Big 10 schools are struggling and how other SEC teams are there is a good chance he'll have quite a few calling.

So I think UT isn't hiring until 2021, and even then I'd be surprised if Pruitt is fired during the season.
I don’t think that Pruitt will be fired, but if he is and we are ranking candidates, I still don’t see how you have Napier above Freeze. No mental gymnastics required here. You said he would be better for TN, your explanation just says he is more likely. Those are not the same thing.

I don’t think that Pruitt will be fired, but if he is and we are ranking candidates, I still don’t see how you have Napier above Freeze. No mental gymnastics required here. You said he would be better for TN, your explanation just says he is more likely. Those are not the same thing.

I'm not...you totally missed the point.

I said "Napier is a stronger candidate for TN" then I gave you the why. If we're hiring tomorrow, Freeze is above Napier on my list. But until that's the case I still think we're more likely to hire in 2021 and Napier will be the likely leading candidate. (again because Hugh won't be available when we are hiring)

Interesting.

Let me throw out a hypothetical: Freeze takes the SC job this weekend. Pruitt loses 3 of 4.

Still make a change? Or wait another year?

Stay with Pruitt and stabilize the roster for the next best option when it happens.

You don’t get rid of Pruitt this year unless Freeze is a sure thing and worked out beforehand.

I'm not...you totally missed the point.

I said "Napier is a stronger candidate for TN" then I gave you the why. If we're hiring tomorrow, Freeze is above Napier on my list. But until that's the case I still think we're more likely to hire in 2021 and Napier will be the likely leading candidate. (again because Hugh won't be available when we are hiring)
So, just more likely, like I said. Gotcha

So, I think UK might have an opening at the end of the year.

Iowa? He finished 4-6, but I'm not sure KY fires him over that...not sure what bigger jobs would contact him. Iowa seems plausible, if Kirk retires...Stoops is an Ohio guy so he may be interested in a Big 10 school, Iowa would be a step up from KY a bit and he's an alumni

Stoops is making more than Kirk right now though...but Mel's recent big payday would probably indicate Iowa would offer Mark north of 5 a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back