Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tee will be on their list. I still think he will be a good head coach. He is more of a CEO type that can recruit.
Why not just promote Eddie Gran if you're going to go with a coordinator with no HC experience, but can recruit....plus, Gran has shown to be a better coordinator than Tee.

Iowa? He finished 4-6, but I'm not sure KY fires him over that...not sure what bigger jobs would contact him. Iowa seems plausible, if Kirk retires...Stoops is an Ohio guy so he may be interested in a Big 10 school, Iowa would be a step up from KY a bit and he's an alumni
Ferentz may be forced out. A bunch of players filed a lawsuit against him.

So now we'll get to hear rumors about Freeze to KY as well?
Probably not. The latest Hughmor is that he's interested in an "upper tier SEC job," and even South Carolina people don't think they are going to get him. They seem to be focusing their attention on Napier and Chadwell

Interesting.

Let me throw out a hypothetical: Freeze takes the SC job this weekend. Pruitt loses 3 of 4.

Still make a change? Or wait another year?
I would prefer to see what Pruitt could do with more time than hire another nobody that no one else wants and be right back here in 3 years. Freeze is a proven hire that’s why I make the move.

Not that I think Pruitt will ever figure it out, but that’s more likely than us bringing in some coach nobody has ever heard of and him being a success.

The season ending so late coupled with the early signing day is going to fascinating to watch play out. Say, UT signs most of their class, and Pruitt is fired after the last game. Do all of those guys get a chance to reconsider? Do they wait to sign if it seems possible Pruitt gets fired. Do they sign and just let the chips fall where they may?

Hugh to SEC spots "upper tier jobs"

1. Auburn (feel like they are the most likely to fire their coach this season)
2. UT (we're lower because still not sold we fire Pruitt this year)
3. LSU (They did just pay O, but also fired Les after a 2-2 start after a 9 win season)

That's probably the only 3 potential upper tier jobs in the SEC to open up this season or next. Bama/Florida/Georgia are set for awhile (unless their HCs retire or head to the NFL), A&M has big money in Jimbo and he's winning there. Ole Miss just hired Lane and I doubt they'd want to bring Hugh back in anyway.

Another thing, I'm not gonna hope for losses to get a coaching change. If it happens, it happens, but I don't hope for losses. If CJP continues to fail, then he'll be fired. If he somehow turns it around, he won't. I can accept any result that returns us to winning. I don't care who our coach is as long as we're winning on the field. I don't care if we have the number one recruiting class or number 100, if we're winning, not much else matters.

Winner.

I can’t and won’t root for losses. If we win, all is cured. If we lose, necessary changes are inevitable. Grass has been “greener” for too many years now. Nothing guarantees a change will be any better. Everyone clamoring for Freeze has a 50/50 shot of happiness or leading the league of the miserable in 3 more years.

Probably not. The latest Hughmor is that he's interested in an "upper tier SEC job," and even South Carolina people don't think they are going to get him. They seem to be focusing their attention on Napier and Chadwell
What counts as "upper tier"? The only school I consider "upper tier" in the SEC currently that might have an opening is LSU. I'd consider Auburn and ourselves as middle tier, and I might be overrating us atm. With what Stoops has done there, KY is probably middle tier as well.

3. LSU (They did just pay O, but also fired Les after a 2-2 start after a 9 win season)

That's probably the only 3 potential upper tier jobs in the SEC to open up this season or next. Bama/Florida/Georgia are set for awhile (unless their HCs retire or head to the NFL), A&M has big money in Jimbo and he's winning there. Ole Miss just hired Lane and I doubt they'd want to bring Hugh back in anyway.
There's absolutely no way LSU moves on from O unless he's still struggling in 2022. The only SEC jobs really in play for Freeze are Auburn and Tennessee.

I think O really might get fired. The sexual assaults cover up stuff that came out yesterday sounds bad and they had such a massive drop off this year. I think Malzahn may make it with the $20 million buyout.

Disagree completely. He worked his tail off to keep Barnes, and he brought Kellie back home. He's helped keep Tony happy and with the success of the other sports I think there's a reason Fulmer was given that extension. I don't think he's tied to Pruitt at all, would be shocked if he leaves the AD position for any reason other than he wanted to.

The jolly hire was underwhelming and certainly didn’t require a lot of work.

TonyV hasn’t had any opportunity to leave yet that took any work to keep him

Barnes I agree but that’s his only feather in his cap imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back