Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey if Chaney's playbook is so MASSIVE, then someone needs to be arrested for ripping out the page on Slants, because clearly it's not in the playbook.... SMFH

I mean I’m on here everyday. I just don’t see how you can make the argument about opting out. I would like to think everyone would understand. It’s one thing to say I don’t feel safe and another I’m opting out to get ready for draft.
It’s not about reason and rationale. It’s about what would happen. When Darrin Kirkland was contemplating a grad transfer for his final season, this board went scorched earth. Kid graduates early and we say he’ll never be a VFL? You overestimate us.

Which means Bailey is the only current Qb on the roster that’ll be on campus next season, I assume?
Which means that is who the staff should invest playing time and opportunities in. But they won't. JG will start Saturday.

Last edited:
We are not dealing with the sharpest tools in the shed. And the playbook is massive...I can assure you it is not that easy to digest.
Thank you @Atlanta VOL for the updates!! In my opinion thats an indictment on the staff. There are ways to slowly immerse them into that massive play book. And after watching our offense for 6 games I think we all agree we aren't running a very complex offense. Run-Run-Throw on 3rd and long- Punt. Repeat. Pick Six. Repeat......

Sorry got carried away.

Why did this staff not have a plan b to get these kids ready with a limited play book. Covid hit in February. It shouldn't have snuck up on them.

Whether it's "fair" or not, Fulmer's success as AD is attached to Pruitt's success. Look at the circumstances of how Fulmer got the job - the previous AD was shown the door because he screwed the pooch on a coaching search, and Fulmer was brought in to restore order and immediately hire a coach.

When you enter the position under such specific and unique circumstances, you're going to be largely judged off of that one decision.

I think most people realize that Fulmer walked into a building that was already on fire with the largest bucket of water he could find but it was still just one man with a bucket. The previous AD's handling of the coaching search had already burned a ton of bridges. There were calls that weren't an option to make because of that. And, tbh, I think he hired the best he could given the situation. We were down to bad options when Fulmer came in and he picked the best of the bad. The best junk car in a lot full of junk cars. Further, Fulmer truly doesn't get enough credit is in salvaging what was left of that recruiting class while Pruitt was still coaching for Saban.

Fulmer loves this university and wants nothing more than for the football program to succeed. He's done a great job handling a ton of things in the AD and I think hiring Pruitt was the best of the bad situation rather than a situation where you can say that Pruitt is/was "Fulmer's guy." Fulmer didn't walk into a search full of choices or even a fresh one. My worry with him has more to do with whether or not he will cut bait in time to make the right hire when he does have a full slate of options and whether or not the other powers that be will let him do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back