Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pruitt is in over his head. Fully agree. One of best defensive minds in the country and one of the best x and o guys you can find but that doesn’t make him a great head coach. It always starts at the top....
That work?
Your last statement is the most accurate of anything… It certainly always starts at the top. The very top! Our inept administration and power struggle amongst the large boosters who make things happen are why we are where we are right now.

I guess all I'm saying is 60% winning wasn't good enough for most of ya'll when Mullen was the play, but now you're sold that it is with Hugh? Mullen's success was also not tarnished with NCAA violations that forfeited most games in 4 of the 5 seasons Hugh was at Ole Miss.

Is he the best candidate to go after if we fire Pruitt? Absolutely, do it in a heartbeat.
Mullen is proving to be a better coach than I thought he was. I admit it. I think Hugh could win a championship here. I really do. I know he would return us to relevance. it's a no brainer.

Fulmer has a very easy argument to not go down with the Pruitt ship… All he has to say is he had a very limited pool of coaches to choose from when he entered the picture, because of Currie’s massive screwup. And that is a very legit argument! He can argue that he should get a second chance to make it right. See how easy that is?
Not just that but all other sports have stabilized and are doing well.

Ron Swanson Johnson is right. Everything you say here is spot on. Our Rivals want to win and they hire the best coaches they can get in order to win. Florida knew if they didn't hire Mullen, someone else would. That's who they wanted, they went and got him even though Mac had been in Atl two straight years. I really wish our program cared that much. it is amazing to see that, if AV is right, it appears that SC's admin cares more about winning than ours does.
If the woke crowd understood your post, you might get banned Bassmaster_Vol Johnson

Mullen is proving to be a better coach than I thought he was. I admit it. I think Hugh could win a championship here. I really do. I know he would return us to relevance. it's a no brainer.

No argument on that part. Just don't know though...I really thought when we sent Botch packing before season ended the higher ups had bought in to getting a winner.

Then the "guy" was going to be freaking Greg Schiano? Lost all faith at that point, retaining Barnes has slightly returned some hope...but still not sure the university wants to really invest in football with a big hire (at least not yet), why is the bigger question for me.

No argument on that part. Just don't know though...I really thought when he sent Botch packing before season ended the higher ups had bought in to getting a winner.

Then the "guy" was going to be freaking Greg Schiano? Lost all faith at that point, retaining Barnes has slightly returned some hope...but still not sure the university wants to really invest in football with a big hire (at least not yet), why is the bigger question for me.
It makes no sense. Football is the moneyline to the school. I don't know why they don't try to do the best they can do.

Enter the Dragon
Mississippi Burning
LA Confidential
Troy
Sicario
Apollo 13
Warhorse
Sherlock Holmes (both/ Robert Downey Jr.)

*Just saw that Fulmer tested positive.

There's at least 25 people that I'm related to, friends with, or have attended church with that have covid, with symptoms. It's gotten real serious, real quick to me. I'm just praying whatever is going on, ends soon.
Had the same at my church and friends. I got sick but never tested, people I hang out with got sick, tested and it came back as COVID. Pretty sure that is what I had as well. Most of us had chills fever and felt beat down feeling for around 4-5 days. One friend ended up in the hospital, he had underlying conditions though. Had a bad case of pneumonia late last year. He is recovering but spent 5 days in the hospital.

If you are fairly healthy and get it, just spend the down time watching the tv and resting up. If you aren't, you have something to truly be worried about. It effects people differently for sure.

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
No argument on that part. Just don't know though...I really thought when we sent Botch packing before season ended the higher ups had bought in to getting a winner.

The difference is, for the first time in 10 years, the hottest coach on the market also happens to be someone supremely interested in the UT job.

Now, maybe he isn't hireable, and I'm not his biggest fan, but people clamoring for him makes all the sense in the world.

I thought Mullen was a great coach and candidate, but he was always signaling he was waiting to see if Florida opened. That's why Currie moved to Schiano.

Ron Swanson Johnson is right. Everything you say here is spot on. Our Rivals want to win and they hire the best coaches they can get in order to win. Florida knew if they didn't hire Mullen, someone else would. That's who they wanted, they went and got him even though Mac had been in Atl two straight years. I really wish our program cared that much. it is amazing to see that, if AV is right, it appears that SC's admin cares more about winning than ours does.
Screenshot_20201120-123750_DuckDuckGo.jpg

(In response to line 1. Lol. I agreed with your post... just having fun)

Last edited:
It makes no sense. Football is the moneyline to the school. I don't know why they don't try to do the best they can do.

A rising tide lifts all boats. Investing in and ultimately winning in football helps all other areas of the university. It’s a no brainer at a place like UT with the support and resources. I don’t know why those in charge don’t see it or choose not to.

Unless Freeze is a done deal, you do not fire JP this season. Too much money to spend without Knowing you have who you want to replace him. You can’t ask boosters to put up that kind of money for another up-and-coming coach or coordinator. If they do decide to go find a new coach, please get the contract right. Make it incentive based and stop cowering to the damn agent.
As far as I understand, Freeze could be a done deal relatively easily if we wanted him because he wants us.

Phil you're on the clock

A lot of coaches are still participating at all levels...they have just gotten extremely good at setting up complex structures in order to facilitate what they want to accomplish. And yes typically even another layer is inserted in there as well. They also are using the folks in the shadows as well but it just depends what the specific mission is. I wouldn’t say we are ways behind the big boys as the current coach and staff have done a great job of inspiring some new folks and bringing back some of the old guard. Jones really set us back light years here and that can’t be overlooked but I know very well the extent at which the other programs are operating and we are getting pretty darn close (minus Bama of course). The difference is we need to show more progress and wins...once that happens then the machine really ramps up and when kids look all things being equal they will start to choose us over others due to the fact we are showing that progress etc.
ah yes...all we need is the wins....then we'll get good players again....egg/chicken deal....

the prospects of that happening seem very slim since we've failed to do it in like forever....and the teams we identify with are so far aehad of us on the player/talent front...that it seems, well, like fools gold to to expect us to start beating them, THEN things will turn around.

feels like we've been stuck on that for a while...a long while....lol....

Reactions: Catbone
ah yes...all we need is the wins....then we'll get good players again....egg/chicken deal....

the prospects of that happening seem very slim since we've failed to do it in like forever....and the teams we identify with are so far aehad of us on the player/talent front...that it seems, well, like fools gold to to expect us to start beating them, THEN things will turn around.

feels like we've been stuck on that for a while...a long while....lol....

If we just lose to the big 3 we play though, that's still 9 wins + a bowl every season. And even with sub 8 win seasons we've had top 20 classes the last 3 seasons. The right HC will have almost immediate success here, of that I am certain.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back