Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
And pointing out that he's 8-0 at Liberty this year doesn't mean much either. He gets props for the VT win even though VT sucks this year and Malik Willis probably deserves a bit of credit too. But of the other 7 teams Liberty has played, none have won more than 2 games this whole season and 4 haven't won any games at all.
I guess that means we should just be happy UT isn't on Liberty's schedule this year since we only have two wins.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201120-171826_Wikipedia.jpg
    Screenshot_20201120-171826_Wikipedia.jpg
    513.8 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_20201120-172006_Wikipedia.jpg
    Screenshot_20201120-172006_Wikipedia.jpg
    453.9 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_20201120-172244_Wikipedia.jpg
    Screenshot_20201120-172244_Wikipedia.jpg
    502.3 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot_20201120-172206_Wikipedia.jpg
    Screenshot_20201120-172206_Wikipedia.jpg
    512.6 KB · Views: 41
Give me liberty's coach or give me death
200.gif

Reactions: Volsdeep4
Yeah a bit surprised Campbell's name isn't still hot. Dude has built 2 programs (Toledo & Iowa State) that usually don't have great histories of winning. Maybe it's because the Big 12 is such trash lately and he's a midwestern guy?

Yeah a bit surprised Campbell's name isn't still hot. Dude has built 2 programs (Toledo & Iowa State) that usually don't have great histories of winning. Maybe it's because the Big 12 is such trash lately and he's a midwestern guy?
Is he someone Michigan might pursue if they fire Harbaugh?

Freeze does seem like exactly what UT needs. A strong offensive minded coach who can upset teams with way more talent than him.
We haven't had a coach who could coach us up since Kiffin. Our coaches have been a liability. It would be so refreshing to have a coach who could win with less until he has more.

We haven't had a coach who could coach us up since Kiffin. Our coaches have been a liability. It would be so refreshing to have a coach who could win with less until he has more.
Yes. Every year you see upsets and programs rising. Been flat for ever. This year was supposed to be a big step up. Pruitt experiment is over. Some can't cut the mustard as a head coach.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Yes. Every year you see upsets and programs rising. Been flat for ever. This year was supposed to be a big step up. Pruitt experiment is over. Some can't cut the mustard as a head coach.
The last great upset we had was in 2013 against SC. That's sad. I guess that AU 2018 win, but they were crappy.

A lot of people argued against Mullen because he didn’t win the West at Miss State and he didn’t recruit elite players and on and on. Now he’s having great success while we wallow in mediocrity. Let’s not apply the same narrative to Freeze to make ourselves feel better. If you can coach you can coach.

Mullen vs top 25 at MSU: 3-36

Freeze: 9-17 (9-7 his middle 3 years - excluding Y1 and totally chaotic last year)

Pruitt: 2-8

Last edited:
The last great upset we had was in 2013 against SC. That's sad. I guess that AU 2018 win, but they were crappy.

2018 Auburn counts as an accidental win. We had a scoop and score and JG just aired it out and our WRs came down with a bunch of 50/50 balls. Not too far off from SC 2013 actually, with Shaw throwing a super rare pick and North coming down with some miracle grabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back