Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which head coaching candidate are you most indifferent about? Wouldn’t hate it, wouldn’t love it.
Probably Chadwell. Really only had one good year at Coastal. I think Napier is a step up but I’d really prefer to hire someone who’s had Power 5 experience and success just to further stabilize the program. I think if we swing and miss on another up and coming coach it will set us back further. Gus, Herman, Freeze etc. are all coaches I’d be happy about because they have had winning seasons at power 5 jobs. Obviously Campbell would be in my top 3 but don’t think that would ever happen.

For the "This Class Is Underwhelming" naysayers:

1. Our class is within a stone's throw of A&M and Florida, who are both currently ranked in the CFP top 10.
2. We have as many 4 stars as "Merry Flipmas" Ole Miss, Arkansas, Missouri, Vanderbilt, and South Carolina COMBINED!
3. We have 2x as many 4 stars as Auburn, 2x as many as Penn State, 2x as many as Florida State, 3x as many as Nebraska, 5x as many as Kentucky. 10x as many as UCLA. Hell, Virginia Tech has no 4 stars.
4. We're ahead of Texas, and have more blue chips than they do.
5. We're signing an ELITE QB, 2 power backs, weapons at TE and WR, and big boys in the trenches.
6. We still have room for more CORNBREAD recruits.
Honestly though if we are comparing ourselves with Ole Miss, Arkansas, Missouri, Vanderbilt, South Carolina, Florida State, Nebraska, Kentucky, UCLA, and Virginia Tech then we are going backwards.

Notice no mention or the upper echelon.

For the "This Class Is Underwhelming" naysayers:

1. Our class is within a stone's throw of A&M and Florida, who are both currently ranked in the CFP top 10.
2. We have as many 4 stars as "Merry Flipmas" Ole Miss, Arkansas, Missouri, Vanderbilt, and South Carolina COMBINED!
3. We have 2x as many 4 stars as Auburn, 2x as many as Penn State, 2x as many as Florida State, 3x as many as Nebraska, 5x as many as Kentucky. 10x as many as UCLA. Hell, Virginia Tech has no 4 stars.
4. We're ahead of Texas, and have more blue chips than they do.
5. We're signing an ELITE QB, 2 power backs, weapons at TE and WR, and big boys in the trenches.
6. We still have room for more CORNBREAD recruits.
Preach!!!

Honestly though if we are comparing ourselves with Ole Miss, Arkansas, Missouri, Vanderbilt, South Carolina, Florida State, Nebraska, Kentucky, UCLA, and Virginia Tech then we are going backwards.

Notice no mention or the upper echelon.
After what we saw this season? Got to make sure we can stay ahead of them consistently before we can compete with the upper echelon.

The #3 Dual threat QB and #73 ranked player nationally just hit the portal. Right now the prediction is SMU but I wonder if the Vols make a run at him.

Reactions: hep
He definitely still has a chance. As much as I want to go to Freeze, if Pruitt comes back next year, I'd about guarantee he's here in 2022 also.

He'll have a whole offseason to fix the defense. He will, a lot of that will be because these young players who are clearly the most talented on the team will have a full spring, summer, and fall for the coaches to see them practice. We know how important that is! Sometime over the summer Pruitt will remember how to defend the slant and the defense will be better next year.

HB being the guy will also elevate the offense, especially if Pruitt makes good offensive coaching changes.

Is he the guy? No. Will he ever win big here? No. Should we hire Freeze? Yes. But chances are he comes back next year, wins 7-8 games, is back in 2022 as well and we'll see what happens.
Is 7-8 wins in year 4 really gonna cut it? We would still be losing to our 3 biggest rivals and losing 1 or 2 games we probably shouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back