Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barnes greets everyone and is well-liked. He's happy to interact with fans. I've seen him strike up a friendly conversation and give souvenirs to kids who come up to his table in restaurants. He's a great storyteller and generous with his time. Kellie Harper is much the same.

I've seen Pruitt ignore a six-figure donor and turn and walk away abruptly without saying goodbye. His players like him, but he's not great with fans or donors.

UT has always been the kind of school where fans and donors like to interact with coaches. UT has been at its best when the coaches in the marquee sports work to cultivate that family feel where everyone feels appreciated and valued.

How do you not be thankful for being the highest paid state employee, and your job is to coach ball? And you don't even have to do most of the glad-handing because Fulmer supposedly does that for you?

One look and they all would have fallen on helmets. His look his second-most powerful, only behind Pat.

One time Pat almost ran me over as she was pulling into the TBA parking garage.

It was the only time in my life I actually apologized to someone for not killing me.

Barnes greets everyone and is well-liked. He's happy to interact with fans. I've seen him strike up a friendly conversation and give souvenirs to kids who come up to his table in restaurants. He's a great storyteller and generous with his time. Kellie Harper is much the same.

I've seen Pruitt ignore a six-figure donor and turn and walk away abruptly without saying goodbye. His players like him, but he's not great with fans or donors.

UT has always been the kind of school where fans and donors like to interact with coaches. UT has been at its best when the coaches in the marquee sports work to cultivate that family feel where everyone feels appreciated and valued.
I kinda feel like Pruitt has autism or aspergers

IDK.
I think Lawrence and Watson are better QBs than Jones. But its not like Clemson has rolled out a bunch of scrubs to play with their QBs either. And Tua was as gifted as either Lawrence or Watson.

The undeniable fact still remains. Once you have a machine producing wins and draft picks you re gonna have a lot better chance of landing that guy than someone who isn't.

Clemson wasn’t a machine until they had these two QBs tho... that’s my point. It will be interesting to see the next 2-3 years after Trevor leaves. They already losssed their first game without him this year.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I kinda feel like Pruitt has autism or aspergers

As an engineer and engineering manager for 30 years, I have long believed there is a sub-clinical autism. Not a full pathology, but definitely enough to greatly impact their interaction with others. I would easily agree that Jermy is there.

Clemson wasn’t a machine until they had these two QBs tho... that’s my point. It will be interesting to see the next 2-3 years after Trevor leaves. They already losssed their first game without him this year.
We ll disagree on that.

Clemson doesn't win a NC with Watson and nothing else. You could argue that Watson did it maybe with less talent than Lawrence has. But the idea they are beating everybody and getting a few on Bama with just a QB is silly.

Regardless. Watson being successful opens an easier path to land Lawrence. Lawrence opens an easier path to the next guy. Its not blind luck.

Can't ever think of another time where a HC got three opportunities to completely change his staff and can't get it right after two tries Then gets another chance cause he gives them a plan he knows its what they want to hear. What makes them think he is going to be any different having here been for three years and hasn't changed yet?

DJ Ugi is gonna be another generational QB IMO. He threw for over 400 yards against ND. If CU wasn’t missing a bunch of guys on defense, they would’ve beat ND

That was more on the defense. Uiagalelei threw for like 450 yards against Notre Dame and put up 40 something points. They were just down so many guys on the defense, 3 starters at the beginning and lost like 5 others during the game.

The Freeze worship in here is over the top. I personally think he could do ok to pretty good here, but he could also fail just as spectacularly..

Losing 55-45 is still losing..
But at least some would say it was just bad officiating and not bad coaching. Gotta spin those close losses somehow

DJ Ugi is gonna be another generational QB IMO. He threw for over 400 yards against ND. If CU wasn’t missing a bunch of guys on defense, they would’ve beat ND
He reminds me of Doug Williams back in the day. Williams threw for 340 yards and 4 TD's, in one quarter, in Super Bowl XXII and was the MVP. DJ seems to have that same mindset and may win a National Championship at Clemson before he's done with college ball.

Reactions: scvolfan7
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back