Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not nearly as easy as some think. It's high stakes poker, and the odds of getting a royal flush aren't good.

Whatever variables caused UT to fall all the way to Dooley and Pruitt need to be remedied ASAP. Kiffin and Jones weren’t bad hires on paper, they just didn’t pan out.

If the program is going all in on a guy for 5 years, why the h377 make that kind of commitment to a guy that’s never been a college HC at any level?

Go get the best QB possible. Period. Let them duke it out for starting QB. Don’t take a bad QB just for depth and waste a scholarship.
I don’t consider hillinski or Conan great depth..... I really just want to focus on bailey becoming as great as possible with the freshman as back up if we get him ready..... get a third QB that can manage the games if something bad happens.... no senior transfer wants to come here if he is not starting.....if bailey is not starting then we possibly push him to transfers..... QBs are different where too many can be a negative instead of a positive.

I don’t think QBs work like that not at a certain level. Even the best of programs and coaches struggle to find elite QBs for extended periods of time. Jones isn’t an elite QB. He has elite people around him. Lawerence, although i think he’s stalled a bit... is light years better than him. As was D. Watson.

IDK.
I think Lawrence and Watson are better QBs than Jones. But its not like Clemson has rolled out a bunch of scrubs to play with their QBs either. And Tua was as gifted as either Lawrence or Watson.

The undeniable fact still remains. Once you have a machine producing wins and draft picks you re gonna have a lot better chance of landing that guy than someone who isn't.

Oh look it would have been time for us to get our teeth kicked in
This sounds crazy but I would've liked to have seen another TN football game this year. Win, lose, or suck, that Orange and White uniform looks good on a football field.

*I'm glad Army got our spot and this game didn't get cancelled. WV will have some bruises afterwards, Army came to play

Last edited:
I'm sure you've been around or heard about how Barnes & staff treat folks...as well as how Pruitt & staff treat folks.

Is the difference between them as big as I assume? I feel like Barnes is the type that's always willing to say hello and smile to any & everyone he runs into, regardless of their position. I get the vibe Pruitt's a bit of an a-hole though.

Barnes greets everyone and is well-liked. He's happy to interact with fans. I've seen him strike up a friendly conversation and give souvenirs to kids who come up to his table in restaurants. He's a great storyteller and generous with his time. Kellie Harper is much the same.

I've seen Pruitt ignore a six-figure donor and turn and walk away abruptly without saying goodbye. His players like him, but he's not great with fans or donors.

UT has always been the kind of school where fans and donors like to interact with coaches. UT has been at its best when the coaches in the marquee sports work to cultivate that family feel where everyone feels appreciated and valued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back