Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. Kirby smart is sending recruits message board stuff. That bothers me. Don’t care if it doesn’t bother you

I don't know about anyone else, but if I was a recruit and a coach was sending me screenshots of what fans were saying on a message board, I would think twice about that coach... that is a elementary, infantile, biotch thing to do and shows you are so worried and insecure about your own program that you have to act like a 3rd grader and tattle/nark.... But that's kirbz, and yet he still somehow gets all the talent and is not investigated for illegal recruiting...

How do you not be thankful for being the highest paid state employee, and your job is to coach ball? And you don't even have to do most of the glad-handing because Fulmer supposedly does that for you?

It’s not in him. He started as a PE teacher, so that’s not what he expects to do as a football coach. Winning cures all. If he would win, people could put that aside.

Was mentioned on VQ pod again today that the SEC may not honor the one time transfer requiring waiver from the league office when transferring from one SEC school to another.
Do any of you lawyer types think something like this could hold up in court if a player pressed the issue?

Barnes has it all. He loves the media and is truly genuine with his interactions with them and the fans.

Pruitt is def a players coach, and he has their respect because he truly does care about their interest. He can give a damn about what the fans or anyone else thinks. Thats just how he is.

Yes, his players do seem to have his back. And he makes it quite clear that he doesn't give a damn what others think. Unfortunately, face-time with fans and donors goes with being the HC. He doesn't have to like it, but he doesn't have to be rude, either. Saban is much the same, but he wouldn't be nearly as popular if he had Pruitt's record. If a coach wants to be dismissive and surly, and act like parts of his job don't apply to him, he'd better be winning.

Barnes has it all. He loves the media and is truly genuine with his interactions with them and the fans.

Pruitt is def a players coach, and he has their respect because he truly does care about their interest. He can give a damn about what the fans or anyone else thinks. Thats just how he is.
You can get by with that when you have a Saban type record, When you have the record Pruitt does you cannot get away with that type of attitude/personality.

Reactions: MrVolton and LA Vol

I thought it was interesting that Barnes’ honesty ruffled feathers about the UCLA situation. He has always been honest with the media about his team, and his situation was no different.

As an engineer and engineering manager for 30 years, I have long believed there is a sub-clinical autism. Not a full pathology, but definitely enough to greatly impact their interaction with others. I would easily agree that Jermy is there.

I actually think that such a trait can be advantageous in a way. Particularly if one is adept at "faking" a sociable persona or if they simply gravitate towards a pursuit that doesn't require much social interaction. It's hard for average Joes who are simply "passionate" about something to compete with guys who are utterly obsessed with/completely consumed by it. That's honestly been one of my downfalls in life...I'm great at becoming competent at things and then dropping them once the improvement curve hits the really tough part.

Reactions: SmokinBob and SSVol
The variables for hiring Pruitt were played out for all of us to see. Started with Currie and Schiano.

Yes, and that $h!tshow started the way all other $h!tshows have started for UT; at the top. Looks like after being wrong over and over again, some of these guys would finally step back and shut up for a bit. I don’t just mean Halsam either. I think Anderson was the reason we settled for Dooley instead of Wittingham in 2010, and the reason we got Fulmer instead of Blackburn in 2017. Both were stupid choices for stupid reasons.

It’s about time these guys settled on somebody that actually knows how to win in today’s game of college football, threw their full support behind him, and then got the h377 out of the way.

Reactions: Vols4us
Yes, his players do seem to have his back. And he makes it quite clear that he doesn't give a damn what others think. Unfortunately, face-time with fans and donors goes with being the HC. He doesn't have to like it, but he doesn't have to be rude, either. Saban is much the same, but he wouldn't be nearly as popular if he had Pruitt's record. If a coach wants to be dismissive and surly, and act like parts of his job don't apply to him, he'd better be winning.

Some advice I got from a coworker early on.

“You can be an *******, but you better be damn good at your job or you’ll be an unemployed *******.”

It’s not in him. He started as a PE teacher, so that’s not what he expects to do as a football coach. Winning cures all. If he would win, people could put that aside.
Yep..... look at freeze.... several level 1 infractions..... 33 vacated wins.... 2 bowl bans.... 3 yrs probation.... loss of scholarships..... lying to players, recruits, and about a former coaching.... calling hookers on company phone but he beat Bama.... bring him on

How can someone, who was a teacher, kindergarten to 3rd grade, not have people skills?

Was mentioned on VQ pod again today that the SEC may not honor the one time transfer requiring waiver from the league office when transferring from one SEC school to another.
Never thought they would. No way they allow 1 time SEC undergrad transfers, even if the NCAA does. It would be a mess imo.

Did you just talk about southern hospitality with the way our fans act?LOL
None of our “fans” on this board would act like they do on here if it was face to face interaction.

My pops once told me that “if you won’t say it if they’re standing in front of you then don’t say it, unless it’s your wife, then do the opposite.” I got a good laugh of it.

I’m surprised how good recruiting has been considering how this year went.
I'm not, really. These guys are some of the best recruiters in the country. Players LOVE Pruitt. The guy landed a top 20 class in 18, after being on the job 2 weeks, taking over the worst program we have ever had in 120 yrs.

Reactions: rikberry31
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back