Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
See, we've found some good things to say about Pruitt.

He cares about his players.

His players like and respect him.

Saban's demeanor is worse.

Plus, he has a really nice family and seems to be a caring father.

And he was willing to part ways with Friend.

Always good to ring in the new year with positive thoughts.
I wish he cared about slant routes.

I think a lot of people are falling into recency bias. There was a lot of development in 2019, but for whatever reason we didn’t see it on 2020. Question is which season was the outlier in this respect. If we see the type of development we saw in 2019 I think we’ll be an above average sec team next year, if not well be in a coaching search.
He lost the coaches that were good at developing. What kind of coaches will he attract on the hottest seat in the country going into next season?

If Pruitt is back so be it. I hope he can turn it around, I sincerely do. I don't think he's the guy but If I have to eat crow it would go down much easier knowing this program wasn't going further down the sh!tter.
Yup I'll hope for the best and watch. But I can't escape the feeling that even with a surprising year on the back of a good defense, it would be a blip before another crash and burn. You can't be this poor at staff and relationship management and last very long. Chaney won't succeed alongside Pruitt here either. Seen enough of that. Even if a few staff members exceed expectations, they'll be gone in no time.

Best case scenario we win 8+ games and he leaves for some/any reason and we can salvage the 2022 class and transition to a real HC.

Reactions: Power T-Rev
Good for him. He was seen as a 6-7th round pick. He needs to tone up his body and get stronger. Fitz leaving hurt this team.
Strange that he wasn’t already toned up somewhat...when did he transfer? Fitz did that thing where he became an icon by leaving. Remember the occasional complaint and comment directed at when we were going to see the benefit of all the money spent on him. I’m sure he had a hologram that would’ve whipped these kids into shape if’n he had stayed.

Just a thought. Does the lack of winning as a HC correlate with not communicating well, if at all, at this level? Seems to me it would impact relationships internally within the program as well as externally. Are his assistants allowed the opportunity to contest his decisions? Does he solicit input from them, or does he simply rule on what they ask or discuss?

Not seeing the high profile recruits knocking our doors down to play for Conbread. If he was all he was reported to be as a DC, why would some of the best not want to play for the guy? UT and the Knoxville area have a lot to offer as a student and afterwards.

I don't know, just asking questions. Inquiring minds want to know. Aight?

All good questions.

He lost the coaches that were good at developing. What kind of coaches will he attract on the hottest seat in the country going into next season?

I would like to know why he lost them too. I would guess it’s more than just “not getting along.” I’m sure Pruitt emphasizes recruiting, and a couple that left did not want to recruit that hard. But they were good developers of talent.

You say this but who did he lose last year? Johnson and rocker? I’ll give you rocker, but I’d argue our RBs were better this the at with graham.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back