Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can someone, who was a teacher, kindergarten to 3rd grade, not have people skills?

Having people skills and teaching kids are different. Really, kind of opposite, lol. That’s why he gets along so well with players.

Also, because he started at such a grassroots level, he’s not interested in the part of the job that schmoozes with wealthy boosters. He still considers himself just a teacher. As previously stated, you have to win to get away with it these days.

Justin Fuente is smart and not the “aww shucks” kind of like Pruitt, but he is very much the same way in that he doesn’t enjoy the socializing part of the job.

I'm not, really. These guys are some of the best recruiters in the country. Players LOVE Pruitt. The guy landed a top 20 class in 18, after being on the job 2 weeks, taking over the worst program we have ever had in 120 yrs.

The question is why would you want to play for someone that has failed so miserably outside of TooToo and Gray? Almost everyone on this team has regressed and that's a fact. He's a loser.

Reactions: Vfl2407
See, we've found some good things to say about Pruitt.

He cares about his players.

His players like and respect him.

Saban's demeanor is worse.

Plus, he has a really nice family and seems to be a caring father.

And he was willing to part ways with Friend.

Always good to ring in the new year with positive thoughts.

I’m surprised how good recruiting has been considering how this year went.
I dont think many people will have a problem recruiting here. Butch had the 7th ranked class his 2nd class coming off a 5-7 season with no ties to the South. You'd have to be an absolute dud not to be able to recruit here, especially since we supposedly have a staff of all star recruiters.

The question is why would you want to play for someone that has failed so miserably outside of TooToo and Gray? Almost everyone on this team has regressed and that's a fact. He's a loser.

Tuttle, Phillips, Warrior, and Taylor developed under him in one year more than they did under Butch. I think it had to do with better assistants at their positions. Pruitt can develop talent; this was just not a year it happened.

Was perfectly fine with the prospect of losing Brooks if we fired Pruitt. Since he’s back anyway, I’m perfectly fine with Brooks doing his thing next season.

Going to be hard to get excited about next Fall. We may witness a first in here next Fall. Most of us always gets pumped up and expect a big season. Could be the first season we expect nothing and hope to win a few games. lol

Good for him. He was seen as a 6-7th round pick. He needs to tone up his body and get stronger. Fitz leaving hurt this team.

giphy.gif

6sAIX5.gif

Hey look Ron has changed his Avi !!!!! LOL

At some point the administration needs to sack tf up and spend the money to hire a head ball coach who knows how to WIN. These ‘budget’ coaches ain’t cheap once you’re paying their huge buyout + their staffs buyouts + a new coach’s salary + his staff’s salaries. It begins with the administration. The fans do not get fired for the administration’s failures. A guy like Freeze would immediately excite the entire fanbase. Would he last a decade here? Who knows. He damn sure looked to have longevity at Ole Miss before things hit the fan. He’s had success every where he’s been. He apparently really wants to be here. He checks literally every box as far as being a solid.football.coach who knows how to WIN. Yet, our administration won’t hire him, likely because of ego, and lame hypocritical moral claims. Bush league stuff. Sack up. Look around the house, realize it’s made of glass, then pick up the phone and call the man. Quit giving the fans only reasons to bitch.
We aren't hiring budget coaches. We wind up with them because we get the bigger price tag coaches saying no.

I get it. We're mad. Someone has to be blamed In the fans' eyes...

What's happened the last 15 years isn't the fans' fault, no argument.
What we do in message boards, Twitter, and other social media doesn't always help tho.

I don't think there's any real refuting that.

Tuttle, Phillips, Warrior, and Taylor developed under him in one year more than they did under Butch. I think it had to do with better assistants at their positions. Pruitt can develop talent; this was just not a year it happened.
I think a lot of people are falling into recency bias. There was a lot of development in 2019, but for whatever reason we didn’t see it on 2020. Question is which season was the outlier in this respect. If we see the type of development we saw in 2019 I think we’ll be an above average sec team next year, if not well be in a coaching search.

Yes, and that $h!tshow started the way all other $h!tshows have started for UT; at the top. Looks like after being wrong over and over again, some of these guys would finally step back and shut up for a bit. I don’t just mean Halsam either. I think Anderson was the reason we settled for Dooley instead of Wittingham in 2010, and the reason we got Fulmer instead of Blackburn in 2017. Both were stupid choices for stupid reasons.

It’s about time these guys settled on somebody that actually knows how to win in today’s game of college football, threw their full support behind him, and then got the h377 out of the way.
I thought Blackburn kinda screwed the pooch and that took him out of the conversation of becoming UT's AD

It’s not in him. He started as a PE teacher, so that’s not what he expects to do as a football coach. Winning cures all. If he would win, people could put that aside.

Just a thought. Does the lack of winning as a HC correlate with not communicating well, if at all, at this level? Seems to me it would impact relationships internally within the program as well as externally. Are his assistants allowed the opportunity to contest his decisions? Does he solicit input from them, or does he simply rule on what they ask or discuss?

Not seeing the high profile recruits knocking our doors down to play for Conbread. If he was all he was reported to be as a DC, why would some of the best not want to play for the guy? UT and the Knoxville area have a lot to offer as a student and afterwards.

I don't know, just asking questions. Inquiring minds want to know. Aight?

Now...go win some football games and beat UF, UGA or Bammer next year and ill get off his back, at least for a little bit.

Reactions: RiotVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back