Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think that such a trait can be advantageous in a way. Particularly if one is adept at "faking" a sociable persona or if they simply gravitate towards a pursuit that doesn't require much social interaction. It's hard for average Joes who are simply "passionate" about something to compete with guys who are utterly obsessed with/completely consumed by it. That's honestly been one of my downfalls in life...I'm great at becoming competent at things and then dropping them once the improvement curve hits the really tough part.
Lot of truth in your post and SSVol's post, IMO.

Reactions: Aesius
We aren't hiring budget coaches. We wind up with them because we get the bigger price tag coaches saying no.

I get it. We're mad. Someone has to be blamed In the fans' eyes...

What's happened the last 15 years isn't the fans' fault, no argument.
What we do in message boards, Twitter, and other social media doesn't always help tho.

I don't think there's any real refuting that.
💯

Kaidon Salter is a dude. Our offense is going to show great growth under HB/Salter. Pruitt will fix the defense. We'll score more points and be more competitive in 2021. We'll go 8-4, but won't get blown out except by Bama next year. The rest will be competitive. Pruitt will show progress and come back in 2022. He'll land the majority of those in state kids. Will compete for the east in 2022.
We can only pray for this outcome.

Kaidon Salter is a dude. Our offense is going to show great growth under HB/Salter. Pruitt will fix the defense. We'll score more points and be more competitive in 2021. We'll go 8-4, but won't get blown out except by Bama next year. The rest will be competitive. Pruitt will show progress and come back in 2022. He'll land the majority of those in state kids. Will compete for the east in 2022.
Someone is holding Bass hostage. Bass, we are here, buddy. Blink twice if you are ok.

or just type Ok if you’re ok.
We’re coming for you. Hang on.

giphy-67.gif

I know people think its doubtful but he really needs to hire a few actually good coaches at LB and OL/DL. That and a QB change can make it happen. Good QB play can hide a lot
It ain’t about hiring, it’s about not being a complete ass hat and then wanting to quit.

See, we've found some good things to say about Pruitt.

He cares about his players.

His players like and respect him.

Saban's demeanor is worse.

Plus, he has a really nice family and seems to be a caring father.

And he was willing to part ways with Friend.

Always good to ring in the new year with positive thoughts.
But most importantly, because it's his job, he sucked as a head coach.

Poor management of players, staff, and game time adjustments.

If he doesn't win at least 9 games in the regular season of 2021 then he should be fired (again as he should be/have been after this season).

9 games puts him losing to the 3 teams he says you are judged by at UT.

Didn't Johnny Majors pretty much overhaul his staff two or three times? Of course that was over thirteen years, but we would have hated and fired him loooooong before he got the program turned around after the long dark 70s...we would not have given him the time it took...but "excuses"
He had a reputation of being hard to work for and having a hard time keeping a staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back