Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to get excited about this front 7 on defense but.... WOOF.

Maybe with the upcoming coaching changes we'll be able to land some transfers that can help make an immediate impact.

Curious to see if any of the expiring coaching contracts come back. 1/3 gone so far. I wouldn't be surprised to see all 3 move on.

Think Baron can be really, really good and Henry T is a star.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
So much bipolar going on in here lately. Our top DC now HC cannot stop anybody. He makes WR's into d-backs and RB's into LB's. Then he can't figure out why they can't cover the opponents. There are break downs in assignments on nearly every play from all of them including Henry, who looks like a S now instead of an ILB. How can anybody even think about 8-4 next season? The D can't get any 3 and outs. So that means they play 35+ minutes a game against mediocre to good teams. So it will not matter how much the O improves.
Our defense was a top 30 defense two years ago..... it regressed greatly during the covid season...... there is no reason he can’t be improved again.

Then Shrout would have beat him out.
No one was beating out JG this year. This season was doomed on that decision bottom line. This decision alienated the coaches, the players and anybody else associated with the program. There was no intent or purpose to coach up any other qb. He was going to play and throw that crap out the window that he gave us the best chance to win. He dealt this team those cards and lost miserably with that poor decision.

Pruitt and co. should have been targeting some top 250 guys from the get go instead of swinging for the fences and putting all their eggs in an UGA-bound 5 star’s basket and having to settle late for some 3 star that only has offers from North Dakota State Georgia Southern. The roster from top to bottom would be much better.
And people would be complaining that we can't beat AL and GA if we don't recruit those 5 stars.

Our defense was a top 30 defense two years ago..... it regressed greatly during the covid season...... there is no reason he can’t be improved again.

So nobody else dealt with COVID? Wow. Didn't know that.

Yes, there are reasons it will not improve again. We got worse as other teams got better. I hope it does get better, I hate losing. I see two players on D that could start for a handful of the better teams in the SEC. Baron may develop into one. Who is ready and is going to step in next season in the other 8 positions and be able to do that?

To have a chance to win 8 games, that will have to happen.

So nobody else dealt with COVID? Wow. Didn't know that.

Yes, there are reasons it will not improve again. We got worse as other teams got better. I hope it does get better, I hate losing. I see two players on D that could start for a handful of the better teams in the SEC. Baron may develop into one. Who is ready and is going to step in next season in the other 8 positions and be able to do that?

To have a chance to win 8 games, that will have to happen.
Everyone knows that COVID was a struggle for a lot of teams. But, I’ve not seen any other teams have to deal with the same absurd contract tracing crap that UT dealt with. Maybe there were other teams as strict as Knoxville. Do you know which ones?

Reactions: hooter vol
Our defensive philosophy actually prefers a lineup full of 6'6 - 6'9 guys that can constantly switch or rotate out off help onto any player. Now if you are taking about a 7'0 that can also switch onto perimeter players then yes we could use that. Those don't grow on trees unfortunately.
This Barnes team reminds me of the Denny Crum led Louisville teams of the 70's and 80's. Really quick wings and guards that could jump out of the gym. Pretty much the same size guys--6' 5" to 6' 8" great athletes across the board.

I think he's just an introvert that doesnt trust the media. And how could you. He's paid to win games, not make friends with the media.
This is true. And this is the devolution (imo) of the job. It has certainly changed the pool of candidates that can do the job successfully. Coaching football is no longer just coaching football at the P5/NFL level. It is all this other CRAP that must true football coaches want no part of. The PROBLEM is that the entertainment aspect of football at this level requires all the CRAP. And what intensifies the issue is that the entertainment aspect is the reason these coaches make huge $$$$. Most of them would rather just coach football but they sure as hell don't want to give up their ridiculous salary. They want to have their cake and eat it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back