Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arm strength has looked good today. UGA averaging 41ppg since being named starter.
I'm not sure. Both of those deep balls had way too much air under them. Neither reciever had a chance to catch and run. Also even the TD pass over the middle to Pickens most of those throws have been high.

I’m not saying they will be better. I don’t think Pruitt fixes this. But again, we can boo boo for 9 months or talk about changes that could happen. The pieces are there for improvement. There is young talent on this roster. QB will be better if nothing else. He has a chance if he and the staff can develop these young players.
I'm trying to come around and I'll probably be at 10-2 by May. I just don't have much faith right now. I will still support the team, whomever is coaching.

I'm trying to come around and I'll probably be at 10-2 by May. I just don't have much faith right now. I will still support the team, whomever is coaching.
I don’t either man. I think he’s fired mid November. But we have no control over that so I’d rather talk about possibilities than just be mad all the time and fearing the worst

And look at the list of guys who played under Butch and are in the NFL, does that make him some guru too?

All those guys you listed were 4 and 5 stars. The two I listed were not. That’s why they aren’t “Bama 5 stars.”

Also Butch’s staff actually was developing talent until 2016 when he made the dumb S&C decision. The lines played well in 2015 under Butch. Tuttle, Phillips, and Taylor were better developed under Pruitt.

I chose Joy and nothing good happened....
Then I thought about it and so did this guy...
View attachment 335514
didn't work out for him.

This new "He's a turd , But he is our turd " mentality is going to take some getting used to.
Just give us a win or wins over Bama, UGA, or Florida. I can forgive a lot for those wins.

Disclaimer: Must not lose to any team less than those.
Thanks, Earl.

We've already seen it the past 3 years under Pruitt. It looks like the same garbage when other QBs come in. Better get rid of Chaney and Weinke and have Pruitt never even step foot in offensive meetings or nothing is going to change on offense.

At this point might as well just give bruster 2 more years because everyone knows next year won't cut it - replacing nearly half the staff is just too much. But that is what UT signed up for. They trust it's by mere bad luck that Pruitt STILL doesn't have his staff after THREE years. If they are going to eat that up, might as well eat 2 year contracts as well.
No we haven’t not on a full time basis. Chaney isn’t the problem. The problem is Pruitt hand cuffing what he can do and having too much control over the offense. When he can work Full Time with a good quarterback HB or Salter we will be fine.

Hate to break it to you but Pruitt is getting two more years. They aren’t firing him after going 3-7 and not going to after whatever happens next year.

At the end of the day, has anyone done less with more than Kirby Smart... I mean holy smokes, to be recruiting top 3-5 every year and then can’t beat Florida this year or beat Bama in the sec championship is crazy.
As much as I hate to admit but, they had Bama beat before Tua came in. They will be picked to win the East again next year. And with FL rebuilding, it shouldn't be close.

No we haven’t not on a full time basis. Chaney isn’t the problem. The problem is Pruitt hand cuffing what he can do and having too much control over the offense. When he can work Full Time with a good quarterback HB or Salter we will be fine.

Hate to break it to you but Pruitt is getting two more years. They aren’t firing him after going 3-7 and not going to after whatever happens next year.

Disagree with the second part. Phil and Pruitt are both gone next year imo

Reactions: VolByLaw
This.... But not going to say it is impossible and Pruitt will never succeed. Just don't think the odds are good especially if they don't back him and let him get coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back