Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Our goal is 8 wins in year 4. That sucks. But, if we find a true answer at QB, you’re looking up for that 2022 season. Pruitt has a chance with HB and Salter. He’ll fix the defense with a full offseason imo
Hope so, but honestly I don't see more than 6 wins.

Yeah the days of the 13 year rebuild are in the past, much like “pro style” ball-control offense. With social media and more savvy generation, the nature of recruiting doesn’t allow very much of a window to find success either. If you are still jacking around winning 6 or 7 wins a year in year 6 or 7, the real difference makers are not gonna jump on board.

As soon as you know that a guy is not the guy, it is time to try someone else or you are just digging that hole deeper. Pruitt is not the guy.

I totally disagree. Go back to after Kiffin left. If we would have hired a guy like Cutcliffe, we would have stabilized the program and been fair to mediocre for the last decade or so. Not great but not awful. Then we get a generational QB in TL and make the big jump to perennial top 10 recruiting off that success. Look at what Stoops has done at a doormat program like UK.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
All we need is solid QB play to be a mediocre team.

And if you get lucky the QB play is above average and then you can turn your attention to getting the defense fixed and you become a better than average team and win 8 games. Yeah.

This coaching staff messed up the QB situation so bad and spent so many hours and resources on it that they neglected other areas of the team.

Eh there’s more to it than just completely counting on solid QB play=mediocre team. Doing your due diligence on your opponent and putting your team in positions to succeed in play calling is crucial. Recievers on the edge need to be physical and aggressive. OLine needs to be aggressive and take pride in giving your QB time other than 2-3 seconds to make a split decision... but I will agree that, yes solid decision making and play with the player (QB) who touches the ball every play is important for a team to be successful but just not the only fix

So Pruitt hasn’t coached and developed NFL players? Again, didn’t develop Nigel? This revisionist history isn’t helping
You mean a team of stacked 5* at Bama thats like giving Kirby credit for getting guys in the NFL, thats a dumb argument. And I ask again where is Nigel now? I get it you're trying to be positive but it isn't happening. 2 more years and then we try again.

Reactions: Catbone
Bowl games are the same every year...... teams like Georgia especially....they play to be in the playoffs period.....!m sure a lot of their players are not excited to be in the peach bowl to play Cincy while Cincy on the other hand..... this is their NC game...... guys sit out every year now..... just more this year due to covid.

That reads like a Kirby post game. I’m not buying it. All that talent and you can’t get them hyped to play.

Yep. Our goal is 8 wins in year 4. That sucks. But, if we find a true answer at QB, you’re looking up for that 2022 season. Pruitt has a chance with HB and Salter. He’ll fix the defense with a full offseason imo
I don’t have any confidence the defense will be fixed. This is the worst defense I have seen at UT. The whole fan base joked about how we could not stop slants from game 1. How did we not fix it by game 10? We either have players that don’t care and not putting in the work to get better, a coaching staff that is completely inept or both.

Would love to have Fickell as our coach probably my top choice but it feels like he’s destined to be in the Big 10 or NFL.
Not like Ryan Day is leaving OSU. I would see Matt Campbell at Meechigan before Fickell, given Fickell is an buckeye. Thing there is only 5 B1G jobs that are better than Cincy IMO..
1. OSU
2. Michigan
3. Penn State
4. Wisconsin
5. Iowa

Reactions: volsfan_17
Agreed. If hes staying gotta pony up and worry about the buyouts later. Keeping him is a 2 year commitment.
Exactly and wouldn’t hurt for admin to come out and say they committed to a 5 year plan with JP to help try and bring in the best assistants. If he can get hands off with the offense I think he can succeed here.

You mean a team of stacked 5* at Bama thats like giving Kirby credit for getting guys in the NFL, thats a dumb argument. And I ask again where is Nigel now? I get it you're trying to be positive but it isn't happening. 2 more years and then we try again.
You just said Kirby’s players werent any better than they were as freshmen. Clearly that wasn’t the case for Pruitt’s nfl players or Nigel. I get it, you hate Pruitt. I don’t think he’s the guy, but Let’s not rewrite history.

Not like Ryan Day is leaving OSU. I would see Matt Campbell at Meechigan before Fickell, given Fickell is an buckeye. Thing there is only 5 B1G jobs that are better than Cincy IMO..
1. OSU
2. Michigan
3. Penn State
4. Wisconsin
5. Iowa
Don’t disagree he just feels like a B1G guy for some reason.

I don’t have any confidence the defense will be fixed. This is the worst defense I have seen at UT. The whole fan base joked about how we could not stop slants from game 1. How did we not fix it by game 10? We either have players that don’t care and not putting in the work to get better, a coaching staff that is completely inept or both.
I don’t know but our defense was clearly improved under Pruitt in 2019. Don’t know what the problem was this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back