Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
That reads like a Kirby post game. I’m not buying it. All that talent and you can’t get them hyped to play.
I’m heavily for the Bearcats..... I just feel that is true about bowl games in general. This one doesn’t even count as a vacation..... they are playing in Georgia.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
It’s not true that Kennedy sucks or that Mays, wright, carvin, and Morris are coming back? Interesting

You don’t think Hyatt and Jones have more potential than Palmer? Palmer was okay. Not great. I think Velus and Hyatt were better than him this year.
I think Kennedy is a good guy whose injuries took away a lot of his talent..I don't like to say he "sucked", but his play was bad, and it very often caused a cascade failure along the OL in most games. I am pretty sure that is what you meant also. I appreciate what he tried to do for us, he, much like JG, just wasn't able.

You just said Kirby’s players werent any better than they were as freshmen. Clearly that wasn’t the case for Pruitt’s nfl players or Nigel. I get it, you hate Pruitt. I don’t think he’s the guy, but Let’s not rewrite history.
Ok. Barnett, Reeves Maybin, Sutton, Kamara, Hurd, Tuttle, Malone are all in the NFL does that make Butch some talent developing guru?

Will Friend is better than any of the OL coaching candidates that Volquest mentioned.

Straight up kicking the can down the road until we fire Pruitt and Phil leaves next year. It's not even a question at this point. I think even the boosters know how this will end. I just hope we have the right guy lined up at AD and HC. Freeze, Fickell, Napier, Campbell, Chadwell, and more should be available next year.

I think Kennedy is a good guy whose injuries took away a lot of his talent..I don't like to say he "sucked", but his play was bad, and it very often caused a cascade failure along the OL in most games. I am pretty sure that is what you meant also. I appreciate what he tried to do for us, he, much like JG, just wasn't able.
Yes. Agreed

It's funny that some think that's unrealistic. I mean he went 8-4 last year with JG for crying out loud. I believe what I said is a very possible scenario, especially if HB/Salter turn out to be really good. A good QB can cover a lot of sins. See Jones, Butch. I do agree he needs to move on from Chaney, but he isn't going to.

We need you at UT to get into our marketing department.

You mean a team of stacked 5* at Bama thats like giving Kirby credit for getting guys in the NFL, thats a dumb argument. And I ask again where is Nigel now? I get it you're trying to be positive but it isn't happening. 2 more years and then we try again.

But Pruitt recruited Jonathan Abram and Deandre Baker to UGA. Both were 3 stars and both were first round picks. He didn’t ultimately stay long enough to help develop them, and Abram transferred to MSU. He also personally recruited Jalen Ramsey to FSU. It’s more than just stacked 5 stars at his schools.

Nigel was one of the last players cut by the Ravens and on their practice squad, which is better than I expected after his sophomore year.

But Pruitt recruited Jonathan Abram and Deandre Baker to UGA. Both were 3 stars and both were first round picks. He didn’t ultimately stay long enough to help develop them, and Abram transferred to MSU. He also personally recruited Jalen Ramsey to FSU. It’s more than just stacked 5 stars at his schools.

Nigel was one of the last players cut by the Ravens and on their practice squad, which is better than I expected after his sophomore year.
And look at the list of guys who played under Butch and are in the NFL, does that make him some guru too?

Exactly nothing we can do about it. JG is gone so excited to see what we can do knowing #2 isn’t going to trot out.
We've already seen it the past 3 years under Pruitt. It looks like the same garbage when other QBs come in. Better get rid of Chaney and Weinke and have Pruitt never even step foot in offensive meetings or nothing is going to change on offense.

At this point might as well just give bruster 2 more years because everyone knows next year won't cut it - replacing nearly half the staff is just too much. But that is what UT signed up for. They trust it's by mere bad luck that Pruitt STILL doesn't have his staff after THREE years. If they are going to eat that up, might as well eat 2 year contracts as well.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back