Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, we kicked their ass, Irvin got an early TD catch, but after that, complete domination. Ken Donohue's was in the zone that night. Tim McGee was my favorite player on that team and the secondary. Charles Davis, Chris White, Terry Brown was Terry McDaniel on that team, too ?
The 1985 team lost to UCLA in home opener and tied GATech at home. That GATech tie was one of the most demoralizing games I have ever attended. We had a far superior team. It was Dickey’s first start. We also lost to FL at FL with FL on probation for recruiting violations

Reactions: drvenner
I don't like seeing the same teams win over and over again every year, unless its the Big Orange of course. But I've never ever liked certain schools. Bammer is at the top of course, and then you can throw in all of our other conference foes.

Outside the conference, I've always hated Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Florida State, etc. Clemson was never really relevant (in my lifetime anyway) until just a few years ago when Dabo started rolling. So given that, if I want anyone to win out of this group of 4, its them. But I don't like any of them.

The 1985 team lost to UCLA in home opener and tied GATech at home. That GATech tie was one of the most demoralizing games I have ever attended. We had a far superior team. It was Dickey’s first start. We also lost to FL at FL with FL on probation for recruiting violations
I was talking about Miami sharing a Natty not UT

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I was in ROTC at UT that year and was the Color Guard Commander. I presented colors at about half of the games. I missed the Sugar Bowl because I was in Panama with my Reserves unit. I got to see it the next night on AFRTS. Still probably my favorite season ever.
You’re an old fart...

Reactions: drvenner

That GT game was Dickey's first game as starter. We had to kick about a 50 yard field goal on the last play of the game just to tie it, 6-6.

Reactions: DarthVol1
Yup I'm sick of these "It'S tHe BoOsTeRS" and it's the fans and it's the admin excuses when basketball is doing great. Baseball is on the up and up. On the way to reviving WBB. But apparently in football it's the boosters and admin not developing players, trotting an archaic offense out onto the field, can't coach how to defend a slant, etc...

IT'S THE COACH.

We're stuck with the coach because of the boosters.

Reactions: RiotVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back