Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is that there has been no internal culture of excellence to challenge and keep our football players grounded. Barnes has built that in basketball. In football it is still absent.
there's several themes that have been consistent in the past decade, but the one that's there thru it all is the overall lack of leadership the football program has had. be it coaches, players etc....the upper classmen every cycle wind up with a new coach. so they don't have anything to pass down and Lord knows they don't have any results in their corner to say "this is the way"....

so the culture is fractured.

the program needs very strong leadership both on and off the field, and they need it, like, now.

but the culture issue is a direct result of leadership, or lack thereof in our case.

Personally I think the 2106 team had enough talent and experience to win the SEC and we go 9-4. To me that is the definition of underperforming and I think that shows you how much Butch was out of his depth. A good coach like Freeze would’ve had that team in the National Championship.
Completely agree and i think the only reason he was able to even assemble those teams and be in that position is because of the power of UT

They are like big pet dogs, however vet bills are surprisingly high as you have to get teeth and hooves checked frequently
Sounds worth it. If by some chance I ever have a farm, which probably isn't happening, I'm gonna stock it with mini-animals. Mini-horse, miniature pot belly, pygmy goat, etc.

If the hire is Marrone or Steele, we need to make Schiano Sunday look like childs play.

Why? Were either one involved in perhaps the worst scandal in sports history? Because that was the justification for Schiano Sunday, correct?

I actually liked the thoughts of Schiano as coach until I became aware of his connection to the Penn St. scandal, and of course his terrible run as DC at Ohio St. I like the idea of Marrone as HC, and I think he would easily be our best HC since Kiffin. With Steele, I’ll probably try to find other things to occupy my mind instead of UT football, but given the perpetual dysfunction at the top, I’m not going to burn a mattress because Campbell or Napier didn’t want to jump into this mess.

Last edited:
Completely agree and i think the only reason he was able to even assemble those teams and be in that position is because of the power of UT
I think UT had something to do with it, but I think the lies that he was spewing had a lot more. The guy would tell anybody what they wanted to hear and from the outside it looked like a great place to play.

The problem is that there has been no internal culture of excellence to challenge and keep our football players grounded. Barnes has built that in basketball. In football it is still absent.

This ^^^^

Fulmer was successful because there was good culture many of his years.

For the most part of the past 15 years they don't play for each other; much less for the school, fan base, etc. No pride, no focus, losing culture.

He’s been a head coach 4 times with a grand total of one success story. Championing his experience with infractions is a bizarre sell considering he got us into one. And the man is as intimate with Tennessee as much as the northern Californian that transplanted to Davidson County in 2016. Knows Tennessee.... Get outta here with that. Lane Kiffin. His team can’t cover a slant either.... Number 1 prerequisite for this job 😂 Sorry Wick, just don’t like or trust the guy. We’re not a destination job for him.

I agree.

Reactions: engineerVOL
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back