Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I listened to Dennis Dodd on 104.5 at lunch today.....assmunch. Says it may take two years before the NCAA can even address our "issues". Still wanted to choke him .

Here's a hot take what if the NCAA rewards UT for being honest about the problem instead of deflecting , delaying , and lying?

I listened to Dennis Dodd on 104.5 at lunch today.....assmunch. Says it may take two years before the NCAA can even address our "issues". Still wanted to choke him .

Here's a hot take what if the NCAA rewards UT for being honest about the problem instead of deflecting , delaying , and lying?
It's been proven by a lot of teams it's better to lie and deny.

LSU had all the basketball stuff and are now have a rape scandal that involves several of their sports. The NCAA isn't going to do anything. If they do it will be little like Ole Miss was.
The NCAA likely will only do anything if you tell them what you've done. Which we're gonna do.

The NCAA has Will Wade discussing paying players on audiotape and he also told LSU officials to eff off when they asked him what happened. Their punishment? He was suspended for a few games, had his contract re-worded where he gets no buyout if found guilty of a future Level I or II violation, and is still coaching like nothing happened.

"Deny deny deny" works.

Reactions: Catbone and jave36
Dude you should edit this post before everyone getting off work has an orgasm. FTR he clarified that he misread a few posts later for those of you just reading it and getting excited.
Hubbs did say this... He posted this 45 mins ago...

“After talking to some people, I'm not ruling out end of this week/weekend. I know earlier in this thread I thought that was too fast, now I'm not so fast.”

If the ncaa takes 2 years to finalize this deal we are absolutely screwed.

If I could sign up for the butch years all over again I’d do it in a heartbeat right now

Do you not trust the Glazer lawyers?

Glazier has said publicly that schools don't always get credit for being upfront and the NCAA doesn't always agree with the school's suggestions to self-impose. Some schools skate and some are used as examples. UT wanted to dig deep and put it all there as a means to an end. UT provided the rope, so we'll see what the NCAA does with it. UT may have stopped investigating, but the NCAA is still sniffing around.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
For those of you who think Fulmer is fired----they are working out his retirement details right now.
$450 per year through 2023
$37.5K per month

Fire away haters

Reactions: jave36
If the ncaa takes 2 years to finalize this deal we are absolutely screwed.

If I could sign up for the butch years all over again I’d do it in a heartbeat right now
We acted fast in bringing in outside council have fired 10 staff members and having a change at the top, AD. That will help us. NCAA will screw up so much in two years. We'll be fine.

The NCAA would be incredibly stupid to hammer UT. Imagine the message that would send to other programs about self-reporting violations and running an honest compliance department. UT just did something unprecedented that the NCAA should appreciate and make a good example by being lenient.
I partly agree.

But the NCAA knows how rampent cheating is.

Making a spectacle of cheating in college football is exactly what they don't want. If you cheat and keep it well hidden, they will leave you alone. If that is the case, they could hammer us because grandiose admissions of guilt make them look bad.

Feldman on 1045 Nashville

Doesn't think that things around Tennessee will be resolved anytime soon. Gets messier and messier as time goes on. "Somehow have found a way to make things worse over and over"

"Have you ever seen a program hit itself harder over the head than they did on Monday?"
No. Talking about duplicity between what Chancellor and Prez were saying vs what is/was done. Can't believe the level of self-snitching.
Thought it was funny that Fulmer cited "good recruiting" during the conference.
They're praising Fulmer, but then everything that is playing out.
Accuses leadership of being tone deaf, especially after clown show of last hiring process. Now all of this. Remarkable ineptitude.

Need someone is either desperate to get into SEC
Tennessee is still somewhat desirable
Going to be a stretch to find someone with good coaching stock to come to UT. Unless they love the university or have a connection.
NCAA sanctions looming are going to hurt. Thinks NCAA is going to hit Tennessee hard. Will be reeling from sanctions for a couple of years. Could lead to players leaving. Will put UT back pretty substantially.

Everyone should be disturbed about short term future.
"We thought UT couldn't GIVE the job away three years ago. AND NOW the NCAA is hanging over the program.

Thinks it might be worth it to "sit out" of coaching search and hang where things are at. Try again this time next year.
Screw the NCAA. They did nothing to NC. Nothing to LSU. We fired 9 people. We’ve handled this. They better not try and do crap to us

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back