Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boys we are getting played. Not really DW’s fault. Quality coaches just dont want to come here. Hire Elliot and call it a day. I’m tired of hearing about Dummy Dykes, Will Helly, Scott Shitterfield and the rest of the toilet bowl bros.
First of all we’re not gonna hire coordinator with NCAA breathing down our back and those other names are purely media speculation

Kevin Steele is the kind of old fart move that Hyams would like—-if he’s an assistant fine but we’ve already established even a year as an interim coach would not be a good idea. If we go there we might as well disband the football program.
Hiring Steele would make sure Jimmy still had a source to chat up on the hill.

Boys we are getting played. Not really DW’s fault. Quality coaches just dont want to come here. Hire Elliot and call it a day. I’m tired of hearing about Dummy Dykes, Will Helly, Scott Shitterfield and the rest of the toilet bowl bros.

Then log off of VN bc that’s where those names are coming from. Not gonna be any leaks from DW and staff.

I will remind you we were told DW & DP were approaching this differently than past searches. Historically Tennessee has done vetting after having an understanding of mutual interest with a targeted coach. This search, the vetting is being done upfront when a name is identified before much contact, if any.

First of all we’re not gonna hire coordinator with NCAA breathing down our back and those other names are purely media speculation
Elliot would recruit through the mess at least and give us a shot. Those other Neanderthals are program killers. Aren’t exactly many players beating down the doors to play for those losers.

Reactions: Neyland Law Vol
What the hell are you talking about?

The program has been an embarrassment for decades now.

I don’t care if other coaches turn us down.

I’d be more pissed if we didn’t try going after the top coaches.
Public denials hurt our brand and create even more challenges for an incoming coach trying to win over players, recruits and fans. But by all means we should let our dirty laundry out so a handful of people on a message board can feel better about it. Because that's worked so well every other time. This job is gonna be hard enough without having to deal with that. If fleck or Elliott or someone along those lines are hired and we don't suffer through our normal string of denials, the national perception will be seen as a surprisingly great hire. Which will make the transition much easier.

IF the hire had been made already, and IF DW knew before he was hired and would have been A coach he would have wanted, then I can see why DW would take the AD job at UT.

Lol if we knew who we were hiring for HC then why did we go pay a $2.5M buyout and $1.8M salary for an AD? Could’ve just snatched up Gilbert or Ingram and told them who we were hiring.

DW making this hire.

Reactions: windrider
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back