Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay.... let’s mix it up.

There weren’t many to pick from, but if you had a favorite Pruitt moment (getting fired not included) - what was it?

For me, it was the calling three timeouts in a row to freeze the Alabama kicker, and him eventually missing it. Bama fans booing the whole time.

That was pretty cool.

I'm not spending any energy thinking about that half literate idiot.

I agree that Elliot would be a good recruiter but why on earth would we take that risk? We just tried that with Pruitt
I’d say some of these guys with head coach experience are just as much of a risk. There’s no checklist that proves one way or another if someone be successful. Some succeed in their first HC job. Some with HC experience struggle.

The guys that look to be a proven winner and don’t come with risk probably aren’t making a change. They’re happy where they are or waiting on one specific job.

Boys we are getting played. Not really DW’s fault. Quality coaches just dont want to come here. Hire Elliot and call it a day. I’m tired of hearing about Dummy Dykes, Will Helly, Scott Shitterfield and the rest of the toilet bowl bros.
What is your obsession with Elliott?

It has been confirmed by Clemson Mods that the hype surrounding his name was not serious. It has been confirmed Danny White intentionally leaks candidates to throw the media off, and we have said countless times we are hiring someone with HC experience. But every time I look up, you’re posting about Elliott. Why?!

Boys we are getting played. Not really DW’s fault. Quality coaches just dont want to come here. Hire Elliot and call it a day. I’m tired of hearing about Dummy Dykes, Will Helly, Scott Shitterfield and the rest of the toilet bowl bros.
KPT, I’m guessing your overflowing, optimistic personality is a blessing to all who meet you.

Always been baffling to me how much hate there is for a guy who is genuinely great at his job and can call just about anything asked of him. I guess people think he only gets his career bc of nepotism but he’s a very good play by play guy.

Look man, I’m with you. I can’t even tell you why he annoys me.

Kevin Harlan and Kurt Warner are calling it for radio and I find it infinitely better 🤷‍♂️

With Elliot, if he is ultimately the hire, I think he does two things early which are vital for success. These are just my opinion based on videos I have watched of him and his reputation and history as a top notch recruiter.

1. I think he will win the team over immediately. There won't need to be a purging of "Pruitt players". This lets him get a quick start on changing the culture of the program. Ie no year zero.
2. He will recruit very well and build early excitement and momentum going into spring.

Players who are bought in and go out and show everyone a great team in the Spring along with an exciting offense and greatly improved QB play. THEN you have fans once again excited and counting the days down to opening day. I think I've convinced myself he'll do better than Fleck.

If anyone purges Pruitt's players, there will not be anyone left on the team

I’d say some of these guys with head coach experience are just as much of a risk. There’s no checklist that proves one way or another if someone be successful. Some succeed in their first HC job. Some with HC experience struggle.

The guys that look to be a proven winner and don’t come with risk probably aren’t making a change. They’re happy where they are or waiting on one specific job.
TE had a loaded roster at his disposal. There’s no way we can tell if he would make it as HC. Campbell on the other hand took 2 and 3 star recruits and turned them into winners.

Bass I just don’t see how things are going well if we hear crap name after crap name. They claim to have a top dog.. If things are going well we’d be finishing up a deal. We are probably negotiating and negotiating and they aren’t ever biting. I don’t see this ending well.
No one knows anything. When he has made hires in the past, no one knew who it was. The stuff you’re hearing isn’t coming from UT.

Bass I just don’t see how things are going well if we hear crap name after crap name. They claim to have a top dog.. If things are going well we’d be finishing up a deal. We are probably negotiating and negotiating and they aren’t ever biting. I don’t see this ending well.
The only thing we’re hearing is media people speculating so far, that’s literally it.

KPT, I’m guessing your overflowing, optimistic personality is a blessing to all who meet you.
I’m really a happy guy. I just know I’ve been burned by UT football for far too long. I’m like the dumb ex that still simps over the chick who broke my heart time and time again. I show up. I am there for her when times get rough and she always ends up getting with some loser. Aka trash coach.

Reactions: BleedorangeinGA
What is your obsession with Elliott?

It has been confirmed by Clemson Mods that the hype surrounding his name was not serious. It has been confirmed Danny White intentionally leaks candidates to throw the media off, and we have said countless times we are hiring someone with HC experience. But every time I look up, you’re posting about Elliott. Why?!
Last night he was about to jump off a cliff about the idea of Elliott lol

Reactions: tntar heel
TE had a loaded roster at his disposal. There’s no way we can tell if he would make it as HC. Campbell on the other hand took 2 and 3 star recruits and turned them into winners.
I have nothing against Campbell. I think he’s a great coach. Would love for him to come here. I just don’t see him doing it for his own reasons is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back