Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what is happening right now. Could be really good or really bad. We could be inking a deal with Campbell and nobody would have any clue.

That would be so amazing

I’ve been thinking this over. I really think the next hire is going to be Mario Christobal from Oregon. From the hints from @Atlanta VOL: Mario is a sitting Power 5 head coach and really tall. He has a $9 million dollar buyout, but Donde Plowman has mentioned that Danny’s buyout would pay for itself so I would assume that logic will would apply to Mario’s. The old boosters are upset with what they are hearing about buyout figures. Mario is an offensive minded coach and previous national recruiter of the year with ties to the south and would be a great hire and would be out of nowhere like Danny’s previous hires.

It’s fashionable to think this is the only way to go but history doesn’t agree

USC hired someone with head coaching experience in Lane and failed

Penn state hired a coach without head coaching experience in BOB and he succeeded.

Ohio state allowed an assistant to be an interim for a year and succeeded

Miami hired a head coach in Al Golden and failed

Give me some examples they prove hiring a head coach is the way to go????

Well we hired a HC 3 of the last 4 tries. So there’s that....

I’ve been thinking this over. I really think the next hire is going to be Mario Christobal from Oregon. From the hints from @Atlanta VOL: Mario is a sitting Power 5 head coach and really tall. He has a $9 million dollar buyout, but Donde Plowman has mentioned that Danny’s buyout would pay for itself so I would assume that logic will would apply to Mario’s. The old boosters are upset with what they are hearing about buyout figures. Mario is an offensive minded coach and previous national recruiter of the year with ties to the south and would be a great hire and would be out of nowhere like Danny’s previous hires.
The being really tall didn't apply to the HC, it applied to the fact that the fleets aren't using tiny cessnas. He's also got the best team in the PAC-12 with Nike money. He's not leaving.

Reactions: Sleegro
I’d like Matt Campbell—don’t get me wrong we all would. The question is does he jump out of his comfort zone and come here to get this jump started again. There are probably a number of reasons for him to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back