Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay.... let’s mix it up.

There weren’t many to pick from, but if you had a favorite Pruitt moment (getting fired not included) - what was it?

For me, it was the calling three timeouts in a row to freeze the Alabama kicker, and him eventually missing it. Bama fans booing the whole time.

That was pretty cool.
That time them-there defensive backs done what they were tol to do. Aight.

Okay.... let’s mix it up.

There weren’t many to pick from, but if you had a favorite Pruitt moment (getting fired not included) - what was it?

For me, it was the calling three timeouts in a row to freeze the Alabama kicker, and him eventually missing it. Bama fans booing the whole time.

That was pretty cool.
Goal line stop vs uga this year, really thought that was our turning point and we could hang with the elite teams. Definitely the most joy/hype I’d been under Pruitt

Beating auburn and dominating one of the best Kentucky team they’ve ever had in year 1 was nice too

Look man, I’m with you. I can’t even tell you why he annoys me.

Kevin Harlan and Kurt Warner are calling it for radio and I find it infinitely better 🤷‍♂️
Some announcers do that to people.

I can’t stand watching the Big 10 games because of one guy that does the play by play. Don’t know his name but I can’t listen to it

The articles I saw in the Iowa State Daily and Des Moines Register each said Campbell will have a $5 M buyout on 2/1/21. It goes down $1 M each year on 2/1, so it is $6 M for another week.

Yet, Jimmy Hyams sits up there on SS and spouts his buyout is $9 M. He does stuff like that just to act like he knows more than others. Try Google, Jimmy. Then comes the interim HC Steele stuff. The guy is a gumbo goober with the rest of the Nega-yahoos on that show. However, I will say 9 of Pennington's 10 points regarding the criteria he thinks they should use for hiring a new coach are pretty much spot on. Not nuclear science stuff, just common sense tied to our situation.

UT is saving at least $5 M and maybe the entire $12 M minus legal expenses from Jeremy's buyout. It's just whether Campbell is willing to come be the Vol's future or not. He can 100% get the job done. So, the longer this goes before a HC signs the actual MOU the more likely it is to be Matt Campbell IMO. That will increase the VN freakout and Freak's post count. Cha-ching!

Kevin Harlan and Kurt Warner are calling it for radio and I find it infinitely better 🤷‍♂️
Wasn’t trying to make that attacking at you, just always been baffled about the hate he gets. As someone who went to UT to try and do his job, I think he is insanely good.

Kevin Harlan is a Kansas City resident and just an overall nice guy. Have met him a couple of times. Genuinely nice person.

I have nothing against Campbell. I think he’s a great coach. Would love for him to come here. I just don’t see him doing it for his own reasons is all.
Well ISU is under budget cuts, he’s most likely reached his ceiling there, facilities and resources are far better here than they are there and he would most likely double his salary. Not to mention he can win a natty at here while he most likely never will there. It’s just whether if he’s holding out for other opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back