Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm betting that DW finds a coach that really wants to be here, because the coaches that really don't want to be here don't have to. I'm doubting the hire will be big $$$$

Well ISU is under budget cuts, he’s most likely reached his ceiling there, facilities and resources are far better here than they are there and he would most likely double his salary. Not to mention he can win a natty at here while he most likely never will there. It’s just whether if he’s holding out for other opportunities.
I think it’s either that or he really wants to see what he can do with the team he has built. His comments a couple weeks ago when he again told NFL teams no made it sound like he has no interest in leaving Iowa St this year at least. And he declined interest in Texas after Herman was fired. It just looks like he’s had plenty of opportunity to leave if he wants but he’s declined everything.

So maybe he thinks he can win a Big12 Championship with his guys or he’s got one job in mind.

The longer it goes the worse. If we have a top target that’s really a “whale” and it isn’t leaking out it means they are uninterested. No reason to drag it out if your top dog says yes. If they had interest we’d know but we don't and this long means we are scrambling through the 5$ bin at Walmart now.
It hasn't even been a full weekend yet, lol.

Calm down it'll be sometime next week, and we probably don't have to worry about the recruiting because we'll reduce scholarships and get transfers.

Completely hypothetical of course... but how would we feel if it was James Franklin? Lots of success, knows the state, but obvious baggage from the Vandy scandal.

Boys we are getting played. Not really DW’s fault. Quality coaches just dont want to come here. Hire Elliot and call it a day. I’m tired of hearing about Dummy Dykes, Will Helly, Scott Shitterfield and the rest of the toilet bowl bros.
We are not hearing anything which is the way DW wants it.

Reactions: tkobeck
hey volnation. random vent, but my grandfather passed away this morning. He was an alumni, raised me as a vols fan, took and me 6 hours to Neyland every year...to where I eventually got my degree from UT as well. I'm a little bummed that he didn't get to see the best football towards the end, but I know he's seen way more success than I ever have! I loved our time together watching and talking vols. Just remember what its all about guys.
Prayers for you and your family.

I think it’s either that or he really wants to see what he can do with the team he has built. His comments a couple weeks ago when he again told NFL trams no made it sound like he has no interest in leaving Iowa St this year at least. And he declined interest in Texas after Herman was fired. It just looks like he’s had plenty of opportunity to leave if he wants but he’s declined everything.

So maybe he thinks he can win a Big12 Championship with his guys or he’s got one job in mind.
We will see. I think he’s the next great coach

The longer it goes the worse. If we have a top target that’s really a “whale” and it isn’t leaking out it means they are uninterested. No reason to drag it out if your top dog says yes. If they had interest we’d know but we don't and this long means we are scrambling through the 5$ bin at Walmart now.
It's been 2 days. 2.

I will remind you we were told DW & DP were approaching this differently than past searches. Historically Tennessee has done vetting after having an understanding of mutual interest with a targeted coach. This search, the vetting is being done upfront when a name is identified before much contact, if any.
Look guy, we would appreciate if you would stop dropping info. We all want it to be a surprise!!!! TIA

Reactions: Smokeyshowl66
Okay.... let’s mix it up.

There weren’t many to pick from, but if you had a favorite Pruitt moment (getting fired not included) - what was it?

For me, it was the calling three timeouts in a row to freeze the Alabama kicker, and him eventually missing it. Bama fans booing the whole time.

That was pretty cool.
Auburn in ‘18 was fun. First time I’d been there and had been so long since we had won on the road. ‘18 UK because it was my oldest son’s first game. ‘19 USCe game was pretty loud and a good time.

Reactions: SmokinBob
The articles I saw in the Iowa State Daily and Des Moines Register each said Campbell will have a $5 M buyout on 2/1/21. It goes down $1 M each year on 2/1, so it is $6 M for another week.

Yet, Jimmy Hyams sits up there on SS and spouts his buyout is $9 M. He does stuff like that just to act like he knows more than others. Try Google, Jimmy. Then comes the interim HC Steele stuff. The guy is a gumbo goober with the rest of the Nega-yahoos on that show. However, I will say 9 of Pennington's 10 points regarding the criteria he thinks they should use for hiring a new coach are pretty much spot on. Not nuclear science stuff, just common sense tied to our situation.

UT is saving at least $5 M and maybe the entire $12 M minus legal expenses from Jeremy's buyout. It's just whether Campbell is willing to come be the Vol's future or not. He can 100% get the job done. So, the longer this goes before a HC signs the actual MOU the more likely it is to be Matt Campbell IMO. That will increase the VN freakout and Freak's post count. Cha-ching!

Where’s the gif of Jimmy dancing with the woman with the badonka donk...haven’t seen that one in a while.

This is fact

It’s fashionable to think this is the only way to go but history doesn’t agree

USC hired someone with head coaching experience in Lane and failed

Penn state hired a coach without head coaching experience in BOB and he succeeded.

Ohio state allowed an assistant to be an interim for a year and succeeded

Miami hired a head coach in Al Golden and failed

Give me some examples they prove hiring a head coach is the way to go????

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back