Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hubbs said he’d be surprised if Steele stays.
Correct me if I am wrong....and its very possible that I am wrong. Did we not just give Steele a 2 year $400k per year contract? If so, we would pay him $800k for 2 months work? The money being spent since November is absurd.

Maybe I am reading it wrong.

Screw Buck. While it is about recruiting it's also about development and getting players at all skill level to play above themselves on Saturdays.

For us to get back we have to start overachieving and then the recruiting will take care of itself.

What did Buck say?

We truly are the battered spouse.

Step 1: All in; supportive, defend against outside criticism

Step 2: Early signs of mental abuse. We remain faithful but doubts fester. We attempt to hide our pain.

Step 3: the explosion of repressed anger takes over, we move on mentally, fight back, seek solace with other unrealistic matches just to feel any form of hope or comfort.

Step 4: Gain the courage to leave; move on; rip off the bad aid. Hope fills our hearts and minds. So does delusion.

Step 5: we repeat our mistake. Convince ourselves and others we are fine. A new fresh start is all we needed. Things will be fine.

Step 6: Repeat steps 1-5.

Correct me if I am wrong....and its very possible that I am wrong. Did we not just give Steele a 2 year $400k per year contract? If so, we would pay him $800k for 2 months work? The money being spent since November is absurd.
I believe it was said there was language in his contract that the new HC would be allowed to decide to keep him or not. Not a guaranteed deal.

Brandon Lawson coming with Heupel. Lawson is a native of Knoxville. Served in UT recruiting department in 2013; Player Personnel at MTSU 2014-2015. He knows the state recruiting. He's already reaching out to in-state recruits. That is a positive.

But does he have ties to the fast food industry?

So tired of this new generation of CFB media (the bloggers turned Twitter personalities) with the "everything sucks, but nothing sucks as bad as Tennessee" schtick. It's been over a decade. Get some new material. Every joke at Tennessee's expense is just a recycled joke that someone funnier already made years ago. There's really only like 2-3 in this era that are actually funny, everyone else is just doing their best Spencer Hall impression.
if i were AD, they would never be called on at a press conference. i would let them sit there and waste their time.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
FWIW...I appreciate the transparency of LA and MV and they are realistic/rational insiders. I am just curious how long it will be before y’all start riding @Atlanta VOL nuts again? The dude is wrong on recruits like 70% of the time. Nyland Green comes to mind recently. AV just tells y’all what you want to hear and when it doesn’t happen disappears. Basically a hype man.

White whale my ass.

if i were AD, they would never be called on at a press conference. i would let them sit there and waste their time.
If we rounded up all the Vol bashers, you wouldn't have anyone to talk to at the pressers.

It is literally step one in the "I wanna be a sports journalist" playbook. "Wait, what?! Tennessee did something?! Better get on Twitter and sh** on it as quickly as possible. Oh god, I hope I beat everyone else with the most obvious joke. Please let me do a good lap of retweets!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back