Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.”

The minor program is teaching not only student-athletes but any student who chooses to fish for themselves. This is for athletes, engineers, attorneys, surveyors, or anyone else who wants to own their own business.

Consider me blown away.

My wife ran an etsy shop for five years - she said a hundred times if she said it once, that there should be college coursework that emphasized the element of not only brand building, but the intricacies associated with an online presence. This new offering from UT is a HUGE benefit for business owners, and athletes and should be a big selling point in recruitment I hope.

“Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.”

The minor program is teaching not only student-athletes but any student who chooses to fish for themselves. This is for athletes, engineers, attorneys, surveyors, or anyone else who wants to own their own business.

Consider me blown away.
Wait, Rob Lewis is a fly fisherman??? Knew I liked that dude!

Apathy is beginning to come on in a big way

If in reference to Vol fans & football, it's been here for quite some time.

I recall getting excited about the 2012 UF / UT game and talking with guys I graduated with and they didn't care to watch - figured we'd blow it and they'd lost interest in UT football sometime in the mid-2000s.

The years since 2012 have not given us a reason to think we are any closer to relevance, and I find increasingly more members of the fanbase just don't care anymore.

Still love the Vols, though, so I'll keep watching!

Reactions: VolByLaw
catbone and i welcome you brother
We are so far behind. We don't even know if we are going to beat Pitt this year. That's where we are. We're hoping we can beat SC, Mizzou, and KY. We aren't even thinking about the big 3. Though we have hope, we don't know if Heup can dig us out of this hole. We hope he can, but we don't know that he can. Recruiting is terrible. That isn't Heup's fault. It's a miracle that he has the QB in this class that he has with everything going on and recruits being told we're getting the death penalty. But even if we didn't have this stuff going on, yes, we would recruit top 15 easily, but GA and Alabama will have more 5 stars in one recruiting class than we'll have in 4 combined.

TN will be back one day because it is impossible to kill a program with this much tradition and financial commitment, but it's a long, long road. And it's already been 15 years.

We are so far behind. We don't even know if we are going to beat Pitt this year. That's where we are. We're hoping we can beat SC, Mizzou, and KY. We aren't even thinking about the big 3. Though we have hope, we don't know if Heup can dig us out of this hole. We hope he can, but we don't know that he can. Recruiting is terrible. That isn't Heup's fault. It's a miracle that he has the QB in this class that he has with everything going on and recruits being told we're getting the death penalty. But even if we didn't have this stuff going on, yes, we would recruit top 15 easily, but GA and Alabama will have more 5 stars in one recruiting class than we'll have in 4 combined.

TN will be back one day because it is impossible to kill a program with this much tradition and financial commitment, but it's a long, long road. And it's already been 15 years.

got another 10+

Reactions: yourstruly23

10-2

If we go 10-2 we'll be back almost immediately because recruiting would go through the roof. That's what its going to take. He's going to have to either massively overachieve, or he's going to have to build this think like Barnes and Vitello. If he does what Stoops has done at KY, he increases the win total, we're winning 9 games a year, but, and this is key, we're putting 6 dudes in the draft a year, recruiting will pick up and then we'll start winning at a higher level. But it's going to take that type of thing. The last 3 guys haven't been able to do that.

For the first time, it truly feels like we're going to have to get lucky to get things right. Before this last debacle (everything associated with Pruitt's last year), it always felt like Tennessee's brand would win out and we would naturally rise back to relevance. Now it feels like it can't be taken for granted.

I am hopeful Heupel gets some success out of the gate quickly because the vultures will set their targets for him if we struggle (more than expected) this season.

I think penguins are my favorite birds,

R4b7441c154cd9e1b2fdeeedb8df8995e
Leapord seal was after it
maxresdefault.jpg
These animals are ferocious. Check some vids on them and some divers, i don't scare easy, but these things whew...

Hope springs eternal. Just remember, when watching the best movies about great sports moments (Hoosiers, Miracle, etc), the focus of the movie is not the championship moment, it’s the adversity, hard work, and perseverance of the journey to get there

Our finances aren’t stellar.

It's easier to just accept it regarding football. Just be thankful our baseball is looking up (assuming we keep Tony) and we're recruiting well in basketball. Still not sold on Rick in March tho

If we go 10-2 we'll be back almost immediately because recruiting would go through the roof. That's what its going to take. He's going to have to either massively overachieve, or he's going to have to build this think like Barnes and Vitello. If he does what Stoops has done at KY, he increases the win total, we're winning 9 games a year, but, and this is key, we're putting 6 dudes in the draft a year, recruiting will pick up and then we'll start winning at a higher level. But it's going to take that type of thing. The last 3 guys haven't been able to do that.

Check yourself.

Decade of the Vols.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back