Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome game

I love tournament baseball where every pitch matters

Got my girls out of bed to watch that 9th inning and I’m so glad I did. They have no interest in watching our football team, but they enjoy watching basketball and baseball. There are still ways to make them bleed Orange!

Go Vols!

FWIW, it clearly was a high hanger curve ball that Gilbert mashed into next Tuesday. Will never forget it.

There were several uncharacteristic errors in judgment on the base paths in particular along with at the plate and in the field. To overcome those and still win against a quality opponent, is special.

Some of us who know baseball and Ohio athletics in particular, know how good Wright State is. They mash to win. Their coaching error was to not leave in Luikart, who was dominating. Hopefully, we don't see them again. Still cannot believe the selection committee was that callous as to make them a #4 seed. In Ohio, it is football and baseball as a kid growing up. OSU/Browns/Bengals - Reds/Indians. If the HS kid doesn't get a shot at a big time program in baseball or is not drafted - he will go to Wright State in a heartbeat.

FWIW, it clearly was a high hanger curve ball that Gilbert mashed into next Tuesday. Will never forget it.

There were several uncharacteristic errors in judgment on the base paths in particular along with at the plate and in the field. To overcome those and still win against a quality opponent, is special.

Some of us who know baseball and Ohio athletics in particular, know how good Wright State is. They mash to win. Their coaching error was to not leave in Luikart, who was dominating. Hopefully, we don't see them again. Still cannot believe the selection committee was that callous as to make them a #4 seed. In Ohio, it is football and baseball as a kid growing up. OSU/Browns/Bengals - Reds/Indians. If the HS kid doesn't get a shot at a big time program in baseball or is not drafted - he will go to Wright State in a heartbeat.
Cant believe they took that guy out.

To your point, went to NCAA.com. They dont just lead their conference in most imp offensive statistics. They lead the entire Country. This isnt a D-2 school that got lucky. There are several MLB prospects on that team. One dude who was player of year in their conference, hit oppo three run dinger. Good player.

To your point, went to NCAA.com. They dont just lead their conference in most imp offensive statistics. They lead the entire Country. This isnt a D-2 school that got lucky. There are several MLB prospects on that team. One dude who was player of year in their conference, hit oppo three run dinger. Good player.

100%.

Their program took off about 15 years ago. There are no real powers in collegiate baseball up there. So, the kid that just wants his shot at MLB and gets overlooked by bigger programs will want to go where he can be seen. Wright State admin figured it out and used it to bring attention to their school. Ohio as a state has 11 million population with not much to do other than sports for kids. Life up there revolves around the schools in their communities. Kids grow up on the playgrounds and ball fields.

Fertile ground for recruiting if our coaches can build a pipeline in both baseball and football. Michigan and ND have been raiding Ohio to build their football programs for decades. Kentucky, Indiana, etc. take a large number.

100%.

Their program took off about 15 years ago. There are no real powers in collegiate baseball up there. So, the kid that just wants his shot at MLB and gets overlooked by bigger programs will want to go where he can be seen. Wright State admin figured it out and used it to bring attention to their school. Ohio as a state has 11 million population with not much to do other than sports for kids. Life up there revolves around the schools in their communities. Kids grow up on the playgrounds and ball fields.

Fertile ground for recruiting if our coaches can build a pipeline in both baseball and football. Michigan and ND have been raiding Ohio to build their football programs for decades. Kentucky, Indiana, etc. take a large number.
I recall playing King's Academy up here in Tri Cities. Each player was a mini version of Jeff Bagwell. Pretty sure over half roster signed to play D1 ball. We gave them a damn good game. Big difference when you add finances and know how to a program, really those baseball programs recruit themselves. Similar to Walters State years back, on collegiate level.

Florida lost 6-2 in the championship game of their regional but Bethune Cookman had to beat them twice and lost the second game to Florida 6-1...... In college baseball teams are only allowed to give out 11.7 scholarships..... it’s what allows teams like Coastal Carolina to win the college World Series..

It’s also why Vanderbilt has such a huge advantage since they are able to give out a full ride.

College baseball is like that. My brother attended Long Beach State in CA many years ago. I’d never heard of it before he went there, but learned it has historically been a baseball power that pumps out consistent MLB players (Evan Longoria, jered Weaver etc.).

Once again, the parity makes it fun - unlike college football with its 1 great program, and 4 or 5 who play second fiddle hoping to catch a break.

College baseball is like that. My brother attended Long Beach State in CA many years ago. I’d never heard of it before he went there, but learned it has historically been a baseball power that pumps out consistent MLB players (Evan Longoria, jered Weaver etc.).

Once again, the parity makes it fun - unlike college football with its 1 great program, and 4 or 5 who play second fiddle hoping to catch a break.
Wish College Baseball had better broadcast schedules. Also, what happened with officiating last night is huge part of why NCAA is a joke.

Ill take it a step further. Ump's should not grt involved in a personal tiff. He was in the wrong, his strike zone ebbed and flowed, and heavily favored WSU. Also call on hit player, was a joke. They should fine his ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back