Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a Powell Grad, I approve.
From multiple personal football experiences, playing against and watching over the years, Powell is the high school equivalent of Florida and Alabama to me atmosphere and character wise. I freakin hate Powell...

Not you though 😉

I will say they’re not as bad as Rhea County though

Last edited:
This ESPN bit on Coach K is very interesting. He was hired after a 9-17 season at ARMY...nobody knew who he was...the AD had to stand up there and say he was his #1 choice...clearly not many believed that. The media didn't know him...they couldn't even pronounce his name.

He went 17-13, 10-17, 11-17 his first 3 seasons. They were getting worse. And we all know how that turned out.

In short, Coach K would be a burger flipper if he coached nowadays. He's a living statute to believing in a LONG term vision and seeing it through. Strategic planning (5+ year plans in the business world) and vision...2 things we have forgotten in sports.
“Obviously regressed every season.” 😏

The beautiful Aubrey Plaza trying so hard to keep a straight face but absolutely losing it laughing makes this all the better.
Is it weird her hottest scene ever is with Robert De Niro? 😅

Her movie last year, Black Bear, was really good too, along with Ingrid Goes West a few years ago. And...a guilty pleasure, but Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates. She has done some great smaller films.

Random thing

"If you build it, he will come" is the actual line. This is one of those popular Mandela Effects. So many people will swear it is "they will come".

Or proof we ended up in an alternate timeline or someone has altered our timeline 😁
Later, James Earl Jones does say "People will come, Ray." But the original voice was he will come. You should read the book. It is called Shoeless Joe and is excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back