Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Natural is one of the worst movies ever made. Straight garbage.
200.gif

It isn't rocket science to tell if someone was hit on purpose.
The only way is right after something major..... my Dodgers have waited several games before hitting a batter intentionally but that is not the point..... you are leaving that judgement in the hands of someone who has proven to screw up calls all the time..... it gives umpires even more power and control over the games..... pitchers have to be able to pitch inside.

VQ Member: “Not sure if it’s been posted yet but I’ve had some people from the Powell area say that Walter Nolen visited them the other day along with Maryville anybody else hearing the same? Again idk if this has been posted or mentioned? Have you heard anything on this.”

Brent Hubbs: “I think he has looked into the possibility of playing in East Tennessee. Powell could be an option. I think Catholic could be as well.”

VQ Member: “Not sure if it’s been posted yet but I’ve had some people from the Powell area say that Walter Nolen visited them the other day along with Maryville anybody else hearing the same? Again idk if this has been posted or mentioned? Have you heard anything on this.”

Brent Hubbs: “I think he has looked into the possibility of playing in East Tennessee. Powell could be an option. I think Catholic could be as well.”
That would be huge.. and also would suck as an Anderson County fan lol

This ESPN bit on Coach K is very interesting. He was hired after a 9-17 season at ARMY...nobody knew who he was...the AD had to stand up there and say he was his #1 choice...clearly not many believed that. The media didn't know him...they couldn't even pronounce his name.

He went 17-13, 10-17, 11-17 his first 3 seasons. They were getting worse. And we all know how that turned out.

In short, Coach K would be a burger flipper if he coached nowadays. He's a living statute to believing in a LONG term vision and seeing it through. Strategic planning (5+ year plans in the business world) and vision...2 things we have forgotten in sports.

This ESPN bit on Coach K is very interesting. He was hired after a 9-17 season at ARMY...nobody knew who he was...the AD had to stand up there and say he was his #1 choice...clearly not many believed that. The media didn't know him...they couldn't even pronounce his name.

He went 17-13, 10-17, 11-17 his first 3 seasons. They were getting worse. And we all know how that turned out.

In short, Coach K would be a burger flipper if he coached nowadays. He's a living statute to believing in a LONG term vision and seeing it through. Strategic planning (5+ year plans in the business world) and vision...2 things we have forgotten in sports.
Yep..... many great coaches would be gone in today’s world

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back