Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m talking about the club teams where the majority of players come from.... it costs 15-18,000 dollars a year to play on them.

How on God’s green earth does it cost $18,000/yr to be on a soccer club. It has to be the cheapest game on the planet to play. Is it travel? Wow, that’s crazy!

I can’t figure why we have this and the Gold Cup, though. They seem like the same thing, to me.
This has always been a detriment to its popularity. I don't disparage those that love it, though. All the cups… makes it what it is. Baked into the cake. Americans like naming champions, hard to establish it in soccer.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
No ..... it’s not........ our issue with soccer is that it is a rich persons sport and eliminates much of the talent in the country.

Why’s that? All you need is a soccer ball and cleats. Least costly sports equipment for any sport. That’s one reason that all the 3rd world countries have soccer teams. It really costs nothing compared to other sports.
Not bashing you, curious as to why it would be considered a rich person’s sport…

Why’s that? All you need is a soccer ball and cleats. Least costly sports equipment for any sport. That’s one reason that all the 3rd world countries have soccer teams. It really costs nothing compared to other sports.
Not bashing you, curious as to why it would be considered a rich person’s sport…
That’s why smaller countries kick our butts all the time..... you pay 15-18,000 dollars a year not including travel for club teams to gain access to scholarships, national teams and the like...... can a kid and a ball get noticed? Sure, but it’s extremely unlikely in this country.

They might have been able to get more..... Faulk was in the prime of his career coming off a 2,200 yard season 1,300 yds rushing 900 receiving.......!Julio Jones is 32 years old coming off a 770 yds receiving season.
I’m not a full Titans fan but this just seems like news that would have been exciting 7 years ago. Wide Receivers can be productive later into their career sometimes. It will be interesting to see how much he has in the tank and how much he cares to push himself

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back