Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
“He was OK, you know, after 6, 7 weeks he came around and started talking again. They get over it, kids are resilient like that.”

Also, speaking of him in bit parts...the guard at Wally World in Vacation.

My fave from Cool Runnings;

Our Father who art in Calgary, Bobsled be thy name. Thy kingdom come, gold medals won, on Earth as it is in Turn Seven. With liberty and justice for Jamaica and Haile Selassie. Amen.

I never understood why pitchers were such little pussies about everything... and I was a pitcher

I pitched, too, and this may rile some folks. I like the excitement, but pitchers can't really do what Gilbert did. If they did in the open field, they would get ejected or called out for it as well.

It's just simply "this guy can get a way with it, and I can't" type of thing. I was fine with Gilbert and actually thought the end of his trot was a little excessive. I didn't mind the bat flip.

But, I am a UT fan, and I love this team, so I don't care.

I pitched, too, and this may rile some folks. I like the excitement, but pitchers can't really do what Gilbert did. If they did in the open field, they would get ejected or called out for it as well.

It's just simply "this guy can get a way with it, and I can't" type of thing. I was fine with Gilbert and actually thought the end of his trot was a little excessive. I didn't mind the bat flip.

Since we're Uncle Ricoing...when in Rome...

when dinosaurs roamed, I was once nearly ejected for slinging bat after a hit, which, was accidental.

Pretty dangeruous...Surprised they didnt say something to him.

The kid had just jacked a walk off grand frickin slam in post season play. If a kid can't lose his mind a little after something like that then they might as well not play the game. I was so pumped up I was about to lose my mind. I cannot even fathom how he felt having just done something so incredible.

FWIW and to your point.

Of Amir Garrett and Respecting the Game - Redleg Nation

As for me, let them play and have fun. Make the game interesting instead of a slog. Inciting a riot like Garrett did was over the top. But celebrating on the mound is no different than a bat flip as you trot the bases after a HR in my book.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Great. Now the image of an overweight middle aged man in a leotard and tutu is seared into my brain.

iu
And there it shall stay

I haven't really noticed "walk up songs" during the college games...but maybe that's because it's on tv and I just can't hear it.

Do college guys have songs play as they go up to bat or is that just a pro thing?

I haven't really noticed "walk up songs" during the college games...but maybe that's because it's on tv and I just can't hear it.

Do college guys have songs play as they go up to bat or is that just a pro thing?
Went to a KYS playoff game to watch my 6 year old grandson last week... the other team played walk up music. Thought that was a bit much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back