Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best bit role in Home Alone? You guessed it, John Candy.

“Polka, polka, poooollllkaaaa.”
“He was OK, you know, after 6, 7 weeks he came around and started talking again. They get over it, kids are resilient like that.”

Also, speaking of him in bit parts...the guard at Wally World in Vacation.

This is some HS baseball coach in south Denver, apparently:

View attachment 372508
I'll refer you to my previous post.
He probably shouldn't have tossed his bat 10 ft in the air at his teammates, but other than that it was fine 😂.

The only reason "unwritten rules" exist is because pitchers are little girls and everyone else is trying to avoid taking 96 to the head. Weird how all the stupid rules are to protect pitchers when pitchers just so happen to be the only ones allowed to sling a weapon at other people.

Get rid of the stupid unwritten rules by handing out month long suspensions to anyone purposefully throwing at batters.

/rant
Little girl pitchers who get to sling a weapon around with impunity.

Unwritten rules are not rules. They are attempts to control others without having rules to do so. Just like guidelines are not laws.

Never did like unwritten rules for any sport and I am an old school guy. When a guy gets a key hit - celebrate. If a guy gets a key out on D - celebrate. If a pitcher gets a key out/K - celebrate. Play within the rules, ignore the unwritten rules. Have fun.
Be prepared to step in the box with kevlar on, then.

There is a reason other sports don't have this problem. You aren't allowed to injure someone on purpose whenever you want to in those sports.

You people realize that life time fans are a rare breed these days. I was noticing how many people were shirts and hats with the national champions logo on it like that played in the game and fewer and fewer of the fans are just that, fans, through the good and bad. There is really not that much team loyalty anymore because everybody's ego's are so fragile that they can't take rooting for a team that doesn't win every week I guess. I can honestly say that the only teams I have ever cheered for and still do to this day are.... Vol, Yankees, Pirates, Vikings, Titans, 76ers, Predators, Sounds, Look Outs and Jackie Fargo (I know but the Fargo Strut was special).

It's amazing how the fandom truly impacts local communities! Especially when it comes to relegation and promotion from/to the Premier League.
Promotion and relegation is one of the great concepts missing from American sports. I would love to see Vandy booted for a year and let Cincy or UCF come play with the big boys for a bit.

Unwritten rules are not rules. They are attempts to control others without having rules to do so. Just like guidelines are not laws.

Never did like unwritten rules for any sport and I am an old school guy. When a guy gets a key hit - celebrate. If a guy gets a key out on D - celebrate. If a pitcher gets a key out/K - celebrate. Play within the rules, ignore the unwritten rules. Have fun.

You’re forgetting about the many fragile egos that exist in baseball

iu

Dance is not cheap, for sure. We pay a ridiculous amount to cover classes, costumes, competition fees and travel expenses. We only do one comp a year away from the Knoxville area and the remaining 2-3 in the area, but it all adds up.
I bet your leotard and tutu are expensive.

Last edited:
Part of me wants Oregon to travel to Knoxville that's a helluva long trip and a tough task with probably not many fans for them. I'm not really sure which matchup favors Tennessee more ? I could see LSU getting some bias in favor of them from the NCAA because it's their coaches last year and all that crap. 🤷🏻‍♂️

No doubt. And if you want to throw at him, that's your right. If you got to tell everybody about it ahead of time you probably don't have guts enough to act on it.[pl
A
There’s a difference at throwing at someone and throwing at someone’s head with the intent to injure.

One is an acceptable practice that may be needed to send a message, the other is a baby back biatch acting out bc his feelings are hurt and he’s never learned how to control his emotions.

Starts when you put 8 year olds in high dollar uniforms with monogrammed bat bags and give them a ring for winning some weekend travel ball tournament.
It’s funny you mention that.... my son played in a baseball tournament with his new team...... they went 1-3 for the tourney..... they reseed after Saturday..... they went 1-1 to win 2 nd place...... they got rings lol

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back