Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never big on soccer. Then I watched Sunderland till I Die and watched some games when it was basically the only sport on. I became a fan.

The fandom is second to none. You should watch that Netflix doc. I think any sports fan would appreciate it even if they don’t enjoy soccer.

Also the Leeds United doc. Both were great.

Reactions: franklinpence
I here all the crying about travel soccer costs! All I can say is be damn happy you do not have two kids in travel ice and roller hockey like me.

Yeah, i never asked my dad what he paid for me to play travel ice hockey, but I know it was a lot. I do remember overhearing him talking to another coach one time that wanted to me to come play for their team. Highest division for travel hockey, more travel and much more school I would be missing. I remember my dad saying, “That’s more than my car costs, we can’t afford that.” So I can only guess it was 15k+.

Unwritten rules are not rules. They are attempts to control others without having rules to do so. Just like guidelines are not laws.

Never did like unwritten rules for any sport and I am an old school guy. When a guy gets a key hit - celebrate. If a guy gets a key out on D - celebrate. If a pitcher gets a key out/K - celebrate. Play within the rules, ignore the unwritten rules. Have fun.

Uncle Buck is a classic. The Great Outdoors is hilarious. Trains, Plains, and Automobiles deserves the HOF.
First movie I remember seeing him in was Stripes. He wasn't the star, but he was good in it. He was also in National Lampoon's Vacation as the Wally World security guard they take hostage. Even in his bit parts, he was hilarious.
0D0A0CB2-4705-4BC9-B1E3-BE4456BABC13.jpeg

Yeah, i never asked my dad what he paid for me to play travel ice hockey, but I know it was a lot. I do remember overhearing him talking to another coach one time that wanted to me to come play for their team. Highest division for travel hockey, more travel and much more school I would be missing. I remember my dad saying, “That’s more than my car costs, we can’t afford that.” So I can only guess it was 15k+.
Just regular hockey cost when you add in equipment and ice time. My son is 27 now, he played in-line in college and he plays in the beer leagues in Nashville now and he said that isn't cheap if they play in tournaments.

I can’t figure why we have this and the Gold Cup, though. They seem like the same thing, to me.
Main difference I can see is it is spread out over a long time, unlike Gold Cup which is 1 month. Much like UEFA Nations vs the Euro cup. Basically just replacing friendlies with something more competitive...mostly to help the smallest regional teams.

For us...we'd be better off trying to get in match vs South American or Euro squads. Beating up on the likes of Turks and Caicos won't make us any better. Buuut then again last night was well worth something.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back