Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at Texas, SCAR and Auburn.

Texas thought they could buy Meyer. They couldn't. After getting publicly refused, they had to put out an announcement saying they were keeping their HC.

SCAR fans were gleefully posting wishlists with the same guys some UT fans want. They ended up with a former assistant.

Auburn won the throw millions into the wind challenge and their top fallback is to promote from within-- a UT guy that UT wouldn't hire last search.

Letting the season play out while working behind the scenes isn't a bad way to go. Some might argue UT has learned something.

If we donā€™t end up making a move I would argue that we have learned nothing.

Reactions: Vols4us
I don't think we get Kiffin but leaving OM = leaving Vanderbilt. The only reason OM had any relevancy at all was because of Freeze. Kiffin may do well there but OM to UT is not a lateral move just as Mullen going from State to UF wasn't lateral.
Never said it was a lateral move.
a school took a chance and hired him just like we did. Neither spot did he merit a the hire.
He was gifted an opportunity, and at the first chance he got, he left.
And itā€™s not like he went 9-3 either time...

ole miss is in the same place we were.
Took a chance on a guy who never deserved it, who then jumped ship

No thank you to someone like that

Reactions: tnktm
Tennessee needed a QB to step up in the worst way, other than JG. That alone made it more difficult for Tennessee than many teams in the conference. There just wasn't any opportunity (or very little) for that to happen.

Also, the restrictions that Tennessee had in the beginning were much tighter than at some other schools. My memory isn't that great today, but I do remember that this was an issue back in August.

I mean, we can just ignore facts in order to support our position, but that doesn't make our position any more true.

I haven't said that we absolutely must keep Pruitt, but I do think a case can be made that we don't have to run out and hire the first guy that will say "yes". I think the jury is still out. If we cannot be competitive in just about every game next year, with an absolute minimum 7-5 record, then there is no doubt it is time to move on.
So there wasnā€™t any grad transfers the staff couldnā€™t take to improve our team at QB yeah not buying that excuse once again

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back