Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure that was a possibility in hindsight, but I think they would have had the same issues with them. Do you give them first team reps right out of the gate, over everyone else?

Again, I'm not happy with the results this year, and I'm not saying our coaching was top-notch, but I just don't want to start over with another "might just work out" kind of coach. We already have that.
Why stick with a failure? That makes absolutely no sense, at least a change shows that the university attempts to care about winning..

I get what you’re saying, but I don’t think the team being better defensively this year will adversely affect his stock. In terms of minutes, I think he’ll still go 30 per game once we get into the meat of the schedule. Is his stock going to majorly change for the better this year? Probably not. But i think the same answer would be given for whether it would major affect his stock for the worse. He may have just wanted to finish what he started.

My biggest worry for him was last year he had the stats to show he was a spot up 3 pt guy. He had a really good %

His soph year he shot well early from
3 before losing His confidence and was awful the rest of the season.

This season he’s started 0/5 and his shot is more flat than normal. He really needs confidence in that area

If the stats think he can’t shoot a lick that really hurts compared to last year

Reactions: InVOLuntary
I think he reminds me of an OG Anunobe type player. Drafted for defense/raw athleticism and then see how he develops on offense. I think a team will take a shot on him
Yep I think he’ll be drafted for his defensive alone

Last edited:
My biggest worry for him was last year he had the stats to show he was a spot up 3 pt guy. He had a really good %

His soph year he shot well early from
3 before losing His confidence and was awful the rest of the season.

This season he’s started 0/5 and his shot is more flat than normal. He really needs confidence in that area

If the stats think he can’t shoot a lick that really hurts compared to last year

That’s a fair point. I just think the stats will even out over time, and his shooting percentage by the end of the season will end up about the same plus or minus a few percentage points. You could absolutely be correct, but even if you are, I don’t think it’ll scare pro teams off that much. He has freakish athleticism and lockdown defender potential. Those attributes are highly sought after. Maybe I’m just more optimistic about it at this point. We’ll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back